Sketchy Miami has a lofty and creative aim -- to create portraits of everyone in Miami.
Have you ever had an artist create a portrait of your likeness? Not that guy at the Renaissance Festival who gave a you a huge head and a tiny body riding a horse. An art school graduate or someone with a blog about the art scene or thick black rimmed glasses. Yeah, real artistes!
From the scenesters behind the Beached Miami blog, a site dedicated to documenting all of Miami's many cultural offerings no matter how obscure, comes Sketchy Miami, a new project with the single goal of creating portraits of everyone in Miami.
Why take on an impossible task? Good question. According to the website, it is because "the relationship between portrait subject and portraitist is one of the strongest in the history of art." And in order to get folks in Miami excited about art, why not make them the subjects? Sounds like a good idea.
Participating artists include Flagler Art Space's Annie Blazejack, Elizanette Blanco, Carrie Sieh, Robby Campbell and many more. Visit the website to upload your own photo or if you want to create some portraits of your own. There are a lot of people in this town.
Sketchy Miami is hosting a party on June 30 at Lester's Cafe, 2519 NW Second Ave., Miami with music, art, pizza and beer. Visit Sketchy Miami at www.sketchymiami.com.
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami
- Are these are the best places in Miami to propose to your loved one?