Sip Spanish wine, celebrate The Stage's birthday, and preview Italian fashion
Sip hundreds of Spanish wines to benefit the homeless, cheers to a local live music venue, and check out fall fashion from Via Uomo
Match Made En El Cielo
Guzzle over 200 wines from Spain while stuffing your face to the tune of tapas from area restaurants --The Bazaar by Jose Andres, Perfecto, Casa Juancho, Cafe Xixon -- at Spain's Great Match Miami, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, November 12 at The Moore Building, 191 NE 40th St. The awesome event, hosted by the Trade Commission of Spain, will benefit Camillus House and is open to the public for $40 in advance tickets and $60 at the door. To purchase tix, go to sgmmiami.eventbrite.com.
One of Velvet Underground's favorite Miami based bands, Exposé, will be performing at the Ultimate Miami Voice competition at 9 p.m. on Saturday, November 9 at Stage 305 at the Magic City Casino, 450 NW 37 Ave. Finalists will compete for a cash prize of $5,000 paired with performances by the band. Tickets are available for Ultimate Miami Weekend. General admission tickets are $50 per event and include a free drink.
Free Boozy Blow Out
If you want to know where much of Miami's well manicured 21-and over female population is from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, November 13, look no further than Blo Midtown, 3301 NE 1st Ave., where a new dame named Michelle will be uncorked. "Flirty, feminine and fun," Michelle, a new sparkling wine from Domaine Ste. Michelle describes many people you may know. But not all Michelles are created equally. This one comes complete with a coming out party at Blo that will feature free tastings of all three cuvées along food, free blow dry styles (glitter optional, they tell us), nail files, door prizes, music and gift basket raffle benefiting Locks of Love. RSVP to http://jotform.co/meetmichelle/rsvp.
Happy third anniversary to The Stage, 170 NE 38th St., which celebrates with a big, er, staged blow out at 10 p.m. November 8 featuring Miami radio personality DJ Laz joining fellow spin doctors Heron, Self Born, Klassik and Exes. On Saturday at 10 p.m. it's Brooklyn DJ Illmind along with NYC by way of Vancouver so-called superfuture electronic/soul/hip hop conglomeration Smokey Robotic. Admission to the event both nights at The Stage is free for ladies, $10 for gentlemen; enjoy $5 drink specials until midnight. Food will be provided by the This Is It food truck, a newly permanent culinary fixture at the venue. For more information, call 305-576-9577 or visit thestagemiami.com. Event is open to those 21 and over.
Catwalking & Cocktails
Although Nikki Beach's What Women Want fashion series only begins to scratch the surface of its very name, it's a good start, featuring a runway show presenting the 2013 fall men's and women's collection from Via Uomo. In addition, there will be pop up shops from Saks, Samm's Sweets, Planet Beach, Taudrey Jewelry and more. The fun starts at 7 p.m. at 1 Ocean Dr. Not only is it open to the public, but with an RSVP, you also get a complimentary "Mo-Tito," whatever that may be. RSVP at nikkibeachmiami.com.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Velvet Underground: Pablo Picasso's grandson spins at Bâoli for WMC, Perfecto Gastrobar throws a party for Spanish dignitaries, hipsters converge at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood, and escape the EDM at The Cabaret
- Velvet Underground: Miami's Latin-funk pioneers perform at Tobacco Road for 20th anniversary, E11even in downtown Miami hosts happy hour, find your way into the hottest WMC parties, and Swine celebrates one year with a $2 Old Fashioned
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more