Sip Spanish wine, celebrate The Stage's birthday, and preview Italian fashion
Sip hundreds of Spanish wines to benefit the homeless, cheers to a local live music venue, and check out fall fashion from Via Uomo
Match Made En El Cielo
Guzzle over 200 wines from Spain while stuffing your face to the tune of tapas from area restaurants --The Bazaar by Jose Andres, Perfecto, Casa Juancho, Cafe Xixon -- at Spain's Great Match Miami, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, November 12 at The Moore Building, 191 NE 40th St. The awesome event, hosted by the Trade Commission of Spain, will benefit Camillus House and is open to the public for $40 in advance tickets and $60 at the door. To purchase tix, go to sgmmiami.eventbrite.com.
One of Velvet Underground's favorite Miami based bands, Exposé, will be performing at the Ultimate Miami Voice competition at 9 p.m. on Saturday, November 9 at Stage 305 at the Magic City Casino, 450 NW 37 Ave. Finalists will compete for a cash prize of $5,000 paired with performances by the band. Tickets are available for Ultimate Miami Weekend. General admission tickets are $50 per event and include a free drink.
Free Boozy Blow Out
If you want to know where much of Miami's well manicured 21-and over female population is from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, November 13, look no further than Blo Midtown, 3301 NE 1st Ave., where a new dame named Michelle will be uncorked. "Flirty, feminine and fun," Michelle, a new sparkling wine from Domaine Ste. Michelle describes many people you may know. But not all Michelles are created equally. This one comes complete with a coming out party at Blo that will feature free tastings of all three cuvées along food, free blow dry styles (glitter optional, they tell us), nail files, door prizes, music and gift basket raffle benefiting Locks of Love. RSVP to http://jotform.co/meetmichelle/rsvp.
Happy third anniversary to The Stage, 170 NE 38th St., which celebrates with a big, er, staged blow out at 10 p.m. November 8 featuring Miami radio personality DJ Laz joining fellow spin doctors Heron, Self Born, Klassik and Exes. On Saturday at 10 p.m. it's Brooklyn DJ Illmind along with NYC by way of Vancouver so-called superfuture electronic/soul/hip hop conglomeration Smokey Robotic. Admission to the event both nights at The Stage is free for ladies, $10 for gentlemen; enjoy $5 drink specials until midnight. Food will be provided by the This Is It food truck, a newly permanent culinary fixture at the venue. For more information, call 305-576-9577 or visit thestagemiami.com. Event is open to those 21 and over.
Catwalking & Cocktails
Although Nikki Beach's What Women Want fashion series only begins to scratch the surface of its very name, it's a good start, featuring a runway show presenting the 2013 fall men's and women's collection from Via Uomo. In addition, there will be pop up shops from Saks, Samm's Sweets, Planet Beach, Taudrey Jewelry and more. The fun starts at 7 p.m. at 1 Ocean Dr. Not only is it open to the public, but with an RSVP, you also get a complimentary "Mo-Tito," whatever that may be. RSVP at nikkibeachmiami.com.
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- Velvet Underground: African music and culture takes the stage at the Afro Roots World Music Festival and The Broken Shaker invites you to party poolside this Sunday
- Velvet Underground: Balans launches karaoke night and db Bistro Moderne brings back the decadent daily 'DBQ Happy Hour'
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Huahua's Taqueria launches a hot happy hour series and The Duke Lounge/Gallery opens in Little Havana
- Velvet Underground: An all-American party at the National Hotel and Nikki Beach celebrates bacon on the beach
- Velvet Underground: party like a local at Rec Room on Thursdays and eat your way through Brickell with The Kitchen Hop
- Velvet Underground: Celebrate singledom with a bonafide 'Divorce Party' in South Beach, the Biltmore brings it back to the '80s, Gerry Kelly's annual birthday bash returns, and YoungArts presents new salon series
- Velvet Underground: Macchialina presents bartender Robert Ferrara in this month's bar takeover, Jazid on South Beach turns 18, and The Federal Food, Drink & Provisions hosts Solo Cup Sundays