Sip Spanish wine, celebrate The Stage's birthday, and preview Italian fashion
Sip hundreds of Spanish wines to benefit the homeless, cheers to a local live music venue, and check out fall fashion from Via Uomo
Match Made En El Cielo
Guzzle over 200 wines from Spain while stuffing your face to the tune of tapas from area restaurants --The Bazaar by Jose Andres, Perfecto, Casa Juancho, Cafe Xixon -- at Spain's Great Match Miami, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, November 12 at The Moore Building, 191 NE 40th St. The awesome event, hosted by the Trade Commission of Spain, will benefit Camillus House and is open to the public for $40 in advance tickets and $60 at the door. To purchase tix, go to sgmmiami.eventbrite.com.
One of Velvet Underground's favorite Miami based bands, Exposé, will be performing at the Ultimate Miami Voice competition at 9 p.m. on Saturday, November 9 at Stage 305 at the Magic City Casino, 450 NW 37 Ave. Finalists will compete for a cash prize of $5,000 paired with performances by the band. Tickets are available for Ultimate Miami Weekend. General admission tickets are $50 per event and include a free drink.
Free Boozy Blow Out
If you want to know where much of Miami's well manicured 21-and over female population is from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, November 13, look no further than Blo Midtown, 3301 NE 1st Ave., where a new dame named Michelle will be uncorked. "Flirty, feminine and fun," Michelle, a new sparkling wine from Domaine Ste. Michelle describes many people you may know. But not all Michelles are created equally. This one comes complete with a coming out party at Blo that will feature free tastings of all three cuvées along food, free blow dry styles (glitter optional, they tell us), nail files, door prizes, music and gift basket raffle benefiting Locks of Love. RSVP to http://jotform.co/meetmichelle/rsvp.
Happy third anniversary to The Stage, 170 NE 38th St., which celebrates with a big, er, staged blow out at 10 p.m. November 8 featuring Miami radio personality DJ Laz joining fellow spin doctors Heron, Self Born, Klassik and Exes. On Saturday at 10 p.m. it's Brooklyn DJ Illmind along with NYC by way of Vancouver so-called superfuture electronic/soul/hip hop conglomeration Smokey Robotic. Admission to the event both nights at The Stage is free for ladies, $10 for gentlemen; enjoy $5 drink specials until midnight. Food will be provided by the This Is It food truck, a newly permanent culinary fixture at the venue. For more information, call 305-576-9577 or visit thestagemiami.com. Event is open to those 21 and over.
Catwalking & Cocktails
Although Nikki Beach's What Women Want fashion series only begins to scratch the surface of its very name, it's a good start, featuring a runway show presenting the 2013 fall men's and women's collection from Via Uomo. In addition, there will be pop up shops from Saks, Samm's Sweets, Planet Beach, Taudrey Jewelry and more. The fun starts at 7 p.m. at 1 Ocean Dr. Not only is it open to the public, but with an RSVP, you also get a complimentary "Mo-Tito," whatever that may be. RSVP at nikkibeachmiami.com.
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Spooky, boozy, cool: Halloween week in Miami and beyond
- Scary movies, Hitchcocking, Miami bassing & spooky mansion parties
- Miami's booze & boogie scene heats up with a new club & more reasons to eat, drink & be merry
- Touchdowns (you hope), tequila, cheese, pre-game parties and boozing in the Grove
- Cabarets, supper clubs, oysters, bubbles, beer gardens, yoga & house music all night long
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing