Singer works Sparkle contest
Bianca won trip to NYC and more
We've got a winner. Bianca Sirgany-Castro clinched the “Sparkle Singing Challenge,” “Sparkle Singing Challenge,” a contest held on behalf of the film Sparkle starring Jordin Sparks and the late Whitney Houston, in theaters now. During last month’s “Sparkle Singing Challenge” held at the Arsht Center, music industry judges voted 18-year-old Bianca Sirgany-Castro as the local winner of the national singing competition. She received numerous prizes including the opportunity to perform in front of thousands of people on the Arsht Center’s Knight Concert Hall stage and a chance to compete nationally for the contest’s grand prize. On August 7, Sirgany-Castro won the overall challenge by attaining the most amount of public votes collected through a Myspace Sparkle homepage. As winner of the grand prize, she travelled to New York City to record a song with the Punch Monkeys, Jordin Sparks’ production and writing team. On August 16, Sirgany-Castro appeared on BET’s highly-rated “106 & Park” show to reveal her new song during an exclusive interview.
On Our Radar
- Paris Hilton to DJ Saturday night at WALL
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters