Singer works Sparkle contest
Bianca won trip to NYC and more
We've got a winner. Bianca Sirgany-Castro clinched the “Sparkle Singing Challenge,” “Sparkle Singing Challenge,” a contest held on behalf of the film Sparkle starring Jordin Sparks and the late Whitney Houston, in theaters now. During last month’s “Sparkle Singing Challenge” held at the Arsht Center, music industry judges voted 18-year-old Bianca Sirgany-Castro as the local winner of the national singing competition. She received numerous prizes including the opportunity to perform in front of thousands of people on the Arsht Center’s Knight Concert Hall stage and a chance to compete nationally for the contest’s grand prize. On August 7, Sirgany-Castro won the overall challenge by attaining the most amount of public votes collected through a Myspace Sparkle homepage. As winner of the grand prize, she travelled to New York City to record a song with the Punch Monkeys, Jordin Sparks’ production and writing team. On August 16, Sirgany-Castro appeared on BET’s highly-rated “106 & Park” show to reveal her new song during an exclusive interview.
On Our Radar
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae