Singer works Sparkle contest
Bianca won trip to NYC and more
We've got a winner. Bianca Sirgany-Castro clinched the “Sparkle Singing Challenge,” “Sparkle Singing Challenge,” a contest held on behalf of the film Sparkle starring Jordin Sparks and the late Whitney Houston, in theaters now. During last month’s “Sparkle Singing Challenge” held at the Arsht Center, music industry judges voted 18-year-old Bianca Sirgany-Castro as the local winner of the national singing competition. She received numerous prizes including the opportunity to perform in front of thousands of people on the Arsht Center’s Knight Concert Hall stage and a chance to compete nationally for the contest’s grand prize. On August 7, Sirgany-Castro won the overall challenge by attaining the most amount of public votes collected through a Myspace Sparkle homepage. As winner of the grand prize, she travelled to New York City to record a song with the Punch Monkeys, Jordin Sparks’ production and writing team. On August 16, Sirgany-Castro appeared on BET’s highly-rated “106 & Park” show to reveal her new song during an exclusive interview.
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood