Silent disco party takes over Bass Museum at Fiat Urban Surf Party
The Bass Museum of Art's Fiat Urban Surf Party will host a free night of music, drinks and culture including a silent disco party provided by Silent Frisco.
Bass Museum of Art presents Fiat Urban Surf Party
When: August 2nd, 8-11 PM.
Where: Bass Museum of Art, 2100 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Info: bassmuseum.org, (305) 673-7530. Free and open to the public.
The Beats After Sunset party, held on the first Friday of every month at the Bass Museum of Art, is always a great time for young art lovers to enjoy a night of music, drinks and culture. The museum is taking their event to the next level with the Fiat Urban Surf Party edition of Beats After Sunset this Friday, Aug. 2, from 8 to 11 p.m.
For the party, the museum will have their regular outdoor dance party in addition to an indoor Silent Frisco party, which will be a dance party inside the museum where guests can listen to dance music using wireless headphones. The result is a dance party for those who are listening with headphones while those who opt out can enjoy a refuge from the thumping music (but we highly recommend joining in on the fun). The effect is super cool and a rare chance for Miamians to experience the silent dance party craze firsthand, which is all the rage in Los Angeles and San Francisco.Whether you choose to do the silent dance party inside or the booming outdoor party, DJ Antanas Jurksaitis from Rockit Sauce & DJ Seamaster will be behind the turntables providing the beats.
In addition, locals can sip on Reyka premium small-batch vodka from Iceland and Rex-Goliath Wine during the party while you check out the museum’s collection of art as well as the latest Fiat car which will be parked inside the museum. Adding to the fun is an afterparty at Rokbar, where all attendees of the party will get complimentary cocktails from 11-12 pm. Best of all, all of this is free. You’d be a fool to miss this event.
See and Do
- #HowToMiami - Street Art
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo
- New World Symphony releases Wallcast concert series schedule for 2014-2015
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Raw intimacy in Carlota Pradera’s ‘Bare Bones’ at the Miami Theater Center
- Miami choreographer Rosie Herrera turns life in a Cuban cabaret to art for ‘Show.Girl.’ with Ballet Hispanico
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel