Shop Gitana prides itself on carrying women’s handpicked clothing and accessories from around the globe for under $100.
The lowdown: Gypsies are known for their nomadic ways so when stylist Roxy Canovas chose to name her boutique Shop Gitana, it was the ideal fit. “Gitana means ‘gypsy’ in Spanish. I’m originally from Spain and because I started my business as a mobile boutique hosting trunk shows — as a homage to my heritage and because I was to some extent a gypsy selling clothing and accessories all over Miami — it was the perfect name,” Canovas says.
The shop prides itself on carrying women’s handpicked clothing and accessories from around the globe for under $100.
The ‘hood: Located on N.E. Miami Gardens Drive, the shop is minutes away from Aventura Mall. “Avenutura is a classy upscale community that needed a new and fresh boutique without the upscale prices,” Canovas says.
The ambience: Think dream closet. A black crystal chandelier, pops of purple and damask curtains create a contemporary vibe.
Highlights: The shop offers a spate of maxi dresses, flowy tops, comfy tanks and oversized bags. Best-sellers include Treasure Rock embellished caftans (from $85), Collective Concepts frocks ($90), bangle sets ($20) and Soy Delicious candles ($30).
The owner says: “I bring my expertise from wardrobe styling on E!, MTV, ABC and more to offer personal styling services, closet organization services and client look books,” Canovas adds.
2580 N.E. Miami Gardens Drive, Aventura
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood