Asian restaurant & a bakery to open in Miami's South of Fifth
Menin Hospitality brings two more restaurants to SoFi.
Although Myles Chefetz has taken over much, er, prime real estate in the swanky South of Fifth area of South Beach, it's not all Prime with a capital p.
In addition to the fall opening of Fabio Viviani's Siena Tavern in the old China Grill space, hotelier Keith Menin and his partner/cousin Jared Galbut have two restaurants on tap for the area in the space between his Radio Bar and Milos, which has long freed itself of drama and continues to kick culinary ass and take your hard-earned dollars. But enough about that.
Menin Hospitality, owners of the Gale, among other places, is developing an Asian fusion (we haven't heard that in a long time!) restaurant that currently only exists on the high seas: specifically Oceania Cruises' Red Ginger restaurant, offering "interpretations of Asian classics, an extensive sake and cocktail menu," and some inedible feng shui.
Next door will be Bake House, a "sophisticated, yet hip French cafe," featuring baked goods, coffees, wines and more. Expect both sometime between November and December.
At the helm of both restaurants is Bernie Matz, formerly of Books & Books Cafe and Bernie's L.A. Cafe, who has been appointed by Menin Hospitality as its Culinary Director, overseeing the menu development "and evolution of its food and beverage program."
In other SoFi restaurant news, Il Mulino in the former Clarke's space, still has not opened.
- Events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Spend New Year's 2017 With Justin Bieber!
- 10 events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 16-18
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 9-11
- 11 things to do in Miami this weekend - Sept. 2-4
- 11 events in Miami to put on your weekend agenda - Aug. 26-28
- 11 can't-miss events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 19-21
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 13 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - Aug. 12-14
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 5-7