Shimmy the Night Away
Tangoistas: Head to Club Tropical in Hallandale this Sunday, January 17th for an all-night milonga.
By Solange Reyner
Tangoistas: Head to Club Tropical in Hallandale this Sunday, January 17th for an all-night milonga. It all starts at 7 p.m. and includes a professional tango show involving some of the best dancers from New York and MIami, dinner, the milonga (a tango dance party), and breakfast.
It's all $30 and for a good cause - the proceeds go towards the not-for-profit Shimmy Club, which provides free tango classes and dance socials to youths and adults in MIami and Buenos Aires who are blind and visually impaired.
Club Tropical, 211 SE 1st Avenue
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009-5630
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so