Shenae Grimes makes it out for Angela Martini fashion show
It's good to have friends in high places. Shenae Grimes stepped out at the Angela Martini Bikini Fashion Show at WET at W Hotel South Beach Saturday. Martini made quite the splash. The Albanian born supermodel created for her premiere Spring/Summer 2013 collection an assortment of atypical bikini silhouettes inspired in cut and colors by exotic flowers. The collection was full of mono-kinis that resemble orchids, petal-shaped bandeaus, halter-tops with floral palettes, form-conscious cutouts, and extra-long ties that wrap around the body creating a cage-like effect. The lilac, rose, mint, and turquoise hues of the collection are made sporty when balanced with neutral shades of light grey, nude, cream, and stone. “I’m truly a girl’s girl — my entire team is comprised of women. We don’t see one another as competition, but believe that we empower each other. That is what my brand represents.” Martini, currently a NYC resident, founded her versatile swimwear collection with desire to produce a product that exudes both sex appeal and wear-ability, she said.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision