She's making it, all right
Talking with local Josie Loren
ABC’s Make It Or Break It star and Miami native Josie Loren is keeping things brief lately. The 24-year-old can be seen in indie film With Me, making its debut Saturday at the Arsht Center. The seven-minute short, about a young girl and her imaginary friends, was made by Miami director Fro Rojas and is closing out the Borscht Film Festival. We chatted with Loren on why she took the role, what she’s currently working on and what she hopes for the future.
What attracted you to playing Jayden? Shooting With Me was very different than being on a network show or feature film. I was looking forward to doing something where the pressure was off, and we were creating simply for the love of our art. I had more fun on this shoot than I have in a long time, and I’m proud of what we made.
What was shooting like? It was only two days long, so it wasn’t a huge commitment. The crew consisted of about eight people. We worked long hours, so we all got very friendly very quickly, which made for a fun, comfortable work environment. What are you hoping viewers will get out of it? I hope they see me in a different light. Jayden is an introvert; kind of quirky, interesting and alternative. She is very different from any character I’ve ever played.
What’s happening on the new season of “Make It Or Break It?” These new episodes are honestly my favorites. They tackle serious issues that I think many teenagers can relate to, and they contain many shocking turns and twists that are sure to entertain.
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market