Seth Meyers live! SNL comedian plays Seminole Casino Coconut Creek
Playing the Pavilion at the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek Thursday night will be a nice change weatherwise for Seth Meyers. New York's been dealing with a serious heat wave. “At some point in New York in the summer you have to embrace it. I’ll be like, ‘I’m gonna go outside, and in two minutes I’m going to be soaked to the skin.’ That’s the life I chose for myself.” As for his standup act, it’ll be politically driven, with a dash of the unknown, depending on the vibe of the crowd. “There will be a little give and take. I come from an improv background so you try to stay nimble.”
As for the rest of his summer, Meyers plans to hang out with his castmates, especially Kristen Wiig and Andy Samberg, who won’t be returning. “We’re going to miss them so much,’’ he says of his pals. “We all have the best time. Obviously what you want from your friends is people you can talk to and laugh with. So we do pretty well in that category.” Being on SNL is a bonding experience. “Everyone’s who’s worked on it, you have this connection to. Even if you don’t get along with a person that well, they still sort of feel like second cousins.”
Don’t look for Meyers mugging for the big screen (though it’s hard to forget his hilarious cameo as an amorous cab passenger in Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist). “I like to write and maybe direct one day, but I’ve realized over the years I’m a lot better being Seth Meyers than I am being other people.”
Thursday’s 9 p.m. show: Pavilion at the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, 5550 NW 40th St., Coconut Creek; 954-977-6700; Seminolecasinococonutcreek.com.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz