Sensation brings electronic music and spectacular visuals to Miami on Oct. 12
Oversized LED screens, water fountains highlight arena experience
You love house music with a passion. The groove moves you like nothing else, allowing you to truly let loose on the dance floor. But you’re quickly getting tired of the typical “superstar DJ” experience, where you pay to jostle in line outside an exclusive club until the doorman chooses to acknowledge you, only to wait inside for hours for your knob-twiddling hero to start his set, which often doesn’t sound all that better than the opening acts.
Well, here comes a big breath of fresh air, in the form of Sensation, an electronic music and dance event started in Amsterdam in 2000 that combines spectacular visuals, mesmerizing acrobatic performances and even pyrotechnical displays with pulsing soundtracks by some of the world’s top DJs.
The show – dubbed “Ocean of White” - hits Miami for the first time at the AmericanAirlines Arena on Oct. 12, the third stop in a very short tour that has already played San Francisco on Sept. 14, and visits Las Vegas Oct. 5 and Brooklyn Oct. 26. Each city on the tour was chosen for its unique role in shaping American nightlife culture, with Miami being singled out for its 24/7 access to the best dance music in the world.
And some of the best dance music in the world will be supplied by an impressive array of DJs, including Dutch electro-house fave Fedde Le Grand, British star Nic Fanciulli (of Saved Records and the Balance series fame), Mr. White, Prok & Fitch and MC Gee.
In addition to the exquisite beats, attendees – who must be dressed in white - will be treated to the visual mysteries of the ocean, with oversized, LED-lit jellyfish suspended in the air, plus 22 water fountains, all synchronized to the acrobats and the music.
Sensation – Ocean of White
When: 7 p.m. Oct. 12
Where: AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Info: Ticketmaster; $17 5- $279.20
- Is King of Diamonds strip club coming to Ocean Drive?
- Events in Miami this weekend June 24-26
- What's Hot in Wynwood Right Now
- Where to celebrate National Martini Day in Miami
- 12 events in Miami not to miss this weekend - June 18-20
- A Miami melange of martinis, shrimp, tacos, and silent discos
- Get your drink on while satisfying your sweet tooth at the Miami Ultimate Bartender & Dessert competition
- 13 things to do in Miami this weekend - June 10-12
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Get your block party on for free June 2