See new Spider-man movie and do good at the same time
Stars involved in charity
As the “The Amazing Spider-Man” film flings into theaters, expect themed toys, clothing, bedding, PJs and other red, webby merch in stores. If you don’t want to buy into the hype, check out what the high-flying crime-fighter himself (Andrew Garfield) is up to. He’s using his star power to lend recognition to the Worldwide Orphans Foundation’s Blue Glasses Campaign, in which pipe cleaners are used as symbols so that others see the world the way orphans do. Garfield had traveled to Haiti and Ethiopia to touch base with kids there and teach them sports. Girlfriend/costar Emma Stone was on hand at the NYC charity awareness event wearing the accessories as well. No, they’re not for sale at Target, just make your own. Go to wwo.org for more info on how you can help.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on