See new Spider-man movie and do good at the same time
Stars involved in charity
As the “The Amazing Spider-Man” film flings into theaters, expect themed toys, clothing, bedding, PJs and other red, webby merch in stores. If you don’t want to buy into the hype, check out what the high-flying crime-fighter himself (Andrew Garfield) is up to. He’s using his star power to lend recognition to the Worldwide Orphans Foundation’s Blue Glasses Campaign, in which pipe cleaners are used as symbols so that others see the world the way orphans do. Garfield had traveled to Haiti and Ethiopia to touch base with kids there and teach them sports. Girlfriend/costar Emma Stone was on hand at the NYC charity awareness event wearing the accessories as well. No, they’re not for sale at Target, just make your own. Go to wwo.org for more info on how you can help.
On Our Radar
- The Music of Miami Vice
- Miami Vice Quiz
- Which Miami Vice Detective Are You?
- Miami Vice Revisited - An Interactive Map
- Two local sisters compete on Amazing Race
- Talking to Bernice, 'South Beach Tow' fan favorite
- Celebrity spotting: NFL player and beauty queen
- Chris Bosh gets second mortgage on his house
- Breakout Boca singer Ariana Grande heading to AAA
- Atlanta Housewife Kandi Burruss bringing play to Miami