See new Spider-man movie and do good at the same time
Stars involved in charity
As the “The Amazing Spider-Man” film flings into theaters, expect themed toys, clothing, bedding, PJs and other red, webby merch in stores. If you don’t want to buy into the hype, check out what the high-flying crime-fighter himself (Andrew Garfield) is up to. He’s using his star power to lend recognition to the Worldwide Orphans Foundation’s Blue Glasses Campaign, in which pipe cleaners are used as symbols so that others see the world the way orphans do. Garfield had traveled to Haiti and Ethiopia to touch base with kids there and teach them sports. Girlfriend/costar Emma Stone was on hand at the NYC charity awareness event wearing the accessories as well. No, they’re not for sale at Target, just make your own. Go to wwo.org for more info on how you can help.
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market