See new Spider-man movie and do good at the same time
Stars involved in charity
As the “The Amazing Spider-Man” film flings into theaters, expect themed toys, clothing, bedding, PJs and other red, webby merch in stores. If you don’t want to buy into the hype, check out what the high-flying crime-fighter himself (Andrew Garfield) is up to. He’s using his star power to lend recognition to the Worldwide Orphans Foundation’s Blue Glasses Campaign, in which pipe cleaners are used as symbols so that others see the world the way orphans do. Garfield had traveled to Haiti and Ethiopia to touch base with kids there and teach them sports. Girlfriend/costar Emma Stone was on hand at the NYC charity awareness event wearing the accessories as well. No, they’re not for sale at Target, just make your own. Go to wwo.org for more info on how you can help.
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood