SEE’s collection of one-of-a-kind designs is sourced from the top frame makers in the world, creating a distinctive assortment made exclusively for SEE.
The lowdown: Ninety-nine dollars for a pair of chic sunglasses? Sign this slave to fashion up! The optical boutique (with 25 stores nationally) just set up shop in South Miami. SEE’s collection of one-of-a-kind designs is sourced from the top frame makers in the world, creating a distinctive assortment made exclusively for SEE. So don’t expect the usual spectacle suspects such as Ray-Ban, Tom Ford, Gucci and the like here.
“No one in the country has ever offered ultra hip eyewear sans the absurd price tags that normally come with it. SEE is the first to do this — and do it successfully. We’re a game changer, not just in the eyewear industry, but in fashion as well,” SEE Founder and CEO Richard Golden says.
The ‘hood: Just a puddle-jump from the Shops at Sunset Place, SEE can be seen on Sunset Drive. “Behind the quiet storefronts one will find unique, one of a kind fashion finds from clothing to jewelry to accessories, filling the needs of the trend savvy shopper that resides in South Miami area,” Golden says.
The ambience: Think timeless design. Mahogany floors, crisp white walls adorned with black and white throwback photography, and intense lighting make the specs jump much like an art gallery.
The highlights: SEE is known for its modern spin on retro and vintage looks (starting at $99) using both metals and plastic frames featuring unexpected color combinations. Each SEE store features at least 700 of the most fashion-forward trends in eyewear including handmade pieces and incomparable quality for the price.
The CEO says: “After 30 plus years building the sixth largest optical chain in the country selling designer eyewear in over 150 stores, I started to realize that even with my employees’ deep discounts they were having a difficult time affording the luxury brands. The designer name price structure became absurd! This was the impetus for SEE. I wanted to create an exclusive collection, focusing on high fashion and superior quality, at a legitimate value,” Golden adds.
5826 Sunset Drive, South Miami
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood