Updated (new name, new opening date): Seasalt and Pepper seafood brasserie to open December 5 on the Miami River
Sleek seafood spot with stellar views
Joining the gloriously gritty Miami River landscape allegedly on December 5 is Seasalt and Pepper, a 200-seat post-industrial warehouse that is the collaborative vision of Stephane Dupoux, a restaurant designer and developer who has worked on NYC's Buddha Bar, Miami's Pearl, Vegas's Jean Georges and London's Cocoon, Carlos Miranda, a veteran of Starwood, Hilton and Mandarin Oriental, and Venezuelan-born chef Alfredo Alvarez, whose culinary career includes stints at Giacosa in Coral Gables as well as Tratoria Dopo Teatro in New York.
There are three kitchens, including a wood burning oven. Menu includes grass fed ribeye steak; veal chop; octopus tenders--marinated octopus with homemade aioli; braised squid and baby artichoke with roman smoke tomatoes and feta cheese; duck confit salad served over mache greens, heart of palm, lotus root chips in a champagne raspberry vinaigrette; wood fired casseroles including Long Island Baby Clams with cherry tomatoes, basil, jalapenos and white wine and Alaskan black cod with braised fennel, broccolini and Pernod. Artisanal cheese and charcuterie plates include Grafton, Vermont cheddar and French country rabbit pate.
“This menu represents all my favorite dishes I like to prepare,” says executive chef Alvarez, “After closing my Miami restaurant ten years ago, I’ve traveled all over the world and this compilation is a culinary snapshot of all of my travels.”
For those who prefer to arrive by boat or, excuse us, yacht, there is private dockage available too.
422 NW N River Dr.
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years