Seasalt and Pepper brings upscale Mediterranean seafood to the Miami River
Go for the views and the swanky setting, stay for the fresh seafood.
Seasalt and Pepper
422 NW N River Dr, Miami
The who: Hospitality vet Stephane Dupoux (Nikki Beach, Pearl, Buddha Bar Resorts) teams up with Carlos Miranda and chef Alfredo Alvarez (Giacosa) to open Seasalt and Pepper, an upscale spot on the Miami River.
The space: A two-building complex on the Miami River with warehouse-like windows that give the dining room an indoor-outdoor feel. The space was once Howard Hughes’ seaplane hangar and has original rigging intact.
Indoors has an upscale nautical vibe with porthole windows, ropes, a navy and white color scheme and a striking chandelier-style piece by artist Carlos Betancourt combining a copper fish, oars, a trophy, a chair and spears.
The dock: Spans 250 feet with an additional space across the river. The restaurant plans to use a Venetian gondola to ferry guests who dock their rides on the other bank.
Celebs: Beyonce, Jay-Z, Ryan Philippe and the Estefans have already stopped by.
The dishes: Seafood-focused Mediterranean. Prices are high with starters $12-$18 and mains $24-$48.
Dinner starts with puffy, fresh-baked pita and segues to small plates like octopus tenders and radicchio stuffed with goat cheese. Larger dishes include capellini with bottarga, anchovies and white asparagus; lobster risotto; and homey wood-fired Alaskan black cod and chicken casseroles.
Desserts include orange blossom pavlova with passion fruit curd and the Seasalt PB & J with ricotta cheesecake and peanut butter crunch.
The bottom line: Go for the views and the swanky setting, stay for the fresh seafood.
- OTC is now Golden Fig with farm-fresh eats
- r+d pop up by jugofresh wants to feed you veggies
- Stephen Starr's The Continental is a Retro Diner in South Beach
- Sugarloaf brings craft cocktails and a Wynwood-y vibe to Sunny Isles
- Michelin-level Momo Sushi pops up at the Mondrian
- Crust brings pizza and late-night delivery to the Miami River
- 9Beach is a lounge/restaurant/bar hailing from the Holy Land
- Small plates and alfresco vibes at Deck Sixteen
- Outrageous desserts and American classics at Sugar Factory
- Red Ginger rolls sushi and izakaya small plates in SoFi