Seagrape: Michelle Bernstein's next restaurant has a name
The 'Floridian brasserie' is projected to open late this fall in Miami Beach's Thompson Hotel.
Chef Michelle Bernstein's forthcoming restaurant in Miami Beach's new Thompson Hotel has a name: Seagrape.
The 267-seat "Floridian brasserie" will offer "lots of veggies, pedigreed steaks and a fantastic raw bar," according to a news release.
Bernstein's Seagrape will handle room service, catering and poolside dining for the 380-room resort. Other on-site food-and-beverage outlets include the Crown Room, serving classic cocktails and wines, and the 1930s House, a speakeasy-style spot featuring small bites and modern mixology.
The new Thompson is being built from a $75 million renovation of the former Crown Miami Beach Apartments at 4041 Collins Ave. Projected opening: late fall.
Bernstein, meanwhile, is doing some renovations of her own. She temporarily closed her flagship Michy's in June to give the 8-year-old restaurant a face-lift and menu overhaul. Bernstein says that project is progressing according to plan, and she expects to debut the new Michy's 2.0 this fall.
Seagrape at Thompson Miami Beach
4041 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend
- How this Indian restaurant is raising the foodie game in Kendall
- How you can get your gourmet doughnut fix in Miami Beach