Scottsdale-based Mastro's Restaurant group in--and out--of China Grill space
Popular West Coast seafood and steakhouse chain pulls out of China Grill space
404 Washington Ave.
After a year of emptiness in the space formerly known as China Grill, a new spot was about to take residency until some noise ordinance issues forced them back to the West Coast. Mastro's, a Scottsdale based seafood and steakhouse was almost a done deal to open at 404 Washington until some construction noise complaints filed with Miami Beach code compliance caused them to pack up and go. Or so says our sources. We did find a noise complaint filed on January 26, 2013--something to do with a noisy generator. According to the source, Mastro's pulled out about 2 weeks ago, once again leaving a gaping hole at the corner of 5th and Washington. We do hear, however, that some other eyes are on the space, so who knows, maybe Applebee's can remodel in a quieter fashion than a flashy West Coast steakhouse---something the area is definitely devoid of. Next!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in
- Slice of Brazil comes to life on urban farm in Fort Lauderdale