Scottsdale-based Mastro's Restaurant group in--and out--of China Grill space
Popular West Coast seafood and steakhouse chain pulls out of China Grill space
404 Washington Ave.
After a year of emptiness in the space formerly known as China Grill, a new spot was about to take residency until some noise ordinance issues forced them back to the West Coast. Mastro's, a Scottsdale based seafood and steakhouse was almost a done deal to open at 404 Washington until some construction noise complaints filed with Miami Beach code compliance caused them to pack up and go. Or so says our sources. We did find a noise complaint filed on January 26, 2013--something to do with a noisy generator. According to the source, Mastro's pulled out about 2 weeks ago, once again leaving a gaping hole at the corner of 5th and Washington. We do hear, however, that some other eyes are on the space, so who knows, maybe Applebee's can remodel in a quieter fashion than a flashy West Coast steakhouse---something the area is definitely devoid of. Next!
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai