Scottsdale-based Mastro's Restaurant group in--and out--of China Grill space
Popular West Coast seafood and steakhouse chain pulls out of China Grill space
404 Washington Ave.
After a year of emptiness in the space formerly known as China Grill, a new spot was about to take residency until some noise ordinance issues forced them back to the West Coast. Mastro's, a Scottsdale based seafood and steakhouse was almost a done deal to open at 404 Washington until some construction noise complaints filed with Miami Beach code compliance caused them to pack up and go. Or so says our sources. We did find a noise complaint filed on January 26, 2013--something to do with a noisy generator. According to the source, Mastro's pulled out about 2 weeks ago, once again leaving a gaping hole at the corner of 5th and Washington. We do hear, however, that some other eyes are on the space, so who knows, maybe Applebee's can remodel in a quieter fashion than a flashy West Coast steakhouse---something the area is definitely devoid of. Next!
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space