Scottsdale-based Mastro's Restaurant group in--and out--of China Grill space
Popular West Coast seafood and steakhouse chain pulls out of China Grill space
404 Washington Ave.
After a year of emptiness in the space formerly known as China Grill, a new spot was about to take residency until some noise ordinance issues forced them back to the West Coast. Mastro's, a Scottsdale based seafood and steakhouse was almost a done deal to open at 404 Washington until some construction noise complaints filed with Miami Beach code compliance caused them to pack up and go. Or so says our sources. We did find a noise complaint filed on January 26, 2013--something to do with a noisy generator. According to the source, Mastro's pulled out about 2 weeks ago, once again leaving a gaping hole at the corner of 5th and Washington. We do hear, however, that some other eyes are on the space, so who knows, maybe Applebee's can remodel in a quieter fashion than a flashy West Coast steakhouse---something the area is definitely devoid of. Next!
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF