Scottish Master Blender Colin Scott in Miami to educate, entertain
Chivas Master Blender Colin Scott taught the casual drinker a thing or two or three Wednesday evening at the dn Moderne Bistro inside the JW Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami.
The jovial Scotsman was in town to launch a new product for duty free travelers: Chivas Regal's The Chivas Brothers' Blend. It's the latest launch for the brand since “Chivas Regal 25 year old” in 2007, and an ultra-smooth Whisky aged for just the perfect amount of time, naturally.
Tasting notes? Think rich amber, bursting with ripe soft fruit flavors, including peach and pear, and accented with runny honey, marmalade and soft candy. Scott gave a history of the brand, started by brothers James and John Chivas, who concocted the first blends in Scotland for their picky clientele back in the early 1800s.
Among the guests was Real Housewives of Miami star, chef and lawyer Ana Quincoces with boyfriend Marcos Jiménez.
On Our Radar
- Victoria's Angel model in Miami for 2 appearances
- Want to spend New Year's Eve with Pitbull?
- Make-A-Wish Ball celebrates 20 years at the InterContinental Miami with Diana Ross performance, Oz theme
- Jingle Ball lineup includes big music names
- Stars come out for Book of Life premiere
- Launch of new Arts & Entertainment District features free coffee on Wednesdays
- Report: Miami ranks No. 1 for attractive people, nightclubs and singles scene
- CIndy Crawford does cocktails in Miami
- One Direction's Harry Styles does Miami
- For sale: LeBron James' Miami mansion