Scottish Master Blender Colin Scott in Miami to educate, entertain
Chivas Master Blender Colin Scott taught the casual drinker a thing or two or three Wednesday evening at the dn Moderne Bistro inside the JW Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami.
The jovial Scotsman was in town to launch a new product for duty free travelers: Chivas Regal's The Chivas Brothers' Blend. It's the latest launch for the brand since “Chivas Regal 25 year old” in 2007, and an ultra-smooth Whisky aged for just the perfect amount of time, naturally.
Tasting notes? Think rich amber, bursting with ripe soft fruit flavors, including peach and pear, and accented with runny honey, marmalade and soft candy. Scott gave a history of the brand, started by brothers James and John Chivas, who concocted the first blends in Scotland for their picky clientele back in the early 1800s.
Among the guests was Real Housewives of Miami star, chef and lawyer Ana Quincoces with boyfriend Marcos Jiménez.
On Our Radar
- FKA Twigs arriving for YoungArts concert
- Arms closed shut? Scott Stapp's wife files for divorce
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy