Scottish Master Blender Colin Scott in Miami to educate, entertain
Chivas Master Blender Colin Scott taught the casual drinker a thing or two or three Wednesday evening at the dn Moderne Bistro inside the JW Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami.
The jovial Scotsman was in town to launch a new product for duty free travelers: Chivas Regal's The Chivas Brothers' Blend. It's the latest launch for the brand since “Chivas Regal 25 year old” in 2007, and an ultra-smooth Whisky aged for just the perfect amount of time, naturally.
Tasting notes? Think rich amber, bursting with ripe soft fruit flavors, including peach and pear, and accented with runny honey, marmalade and soft candy. Scott gave a history of the brand, started by brothers James and John Chivas, who concocted the first blends in Scotland for their picky clientele back in the early 1800s.
Among the guests was Real Housewives of Miami star, chef and lawyer Ana Quincoces with boyfriend Marcos Jiménez.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Jenny McCarthy brings 'Dirty' show to Magic City Casino
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released