Scottish Master Blender Colin Scott in Miami to educate, entertain
Chivas Master Blender Colin Scott taught the casual drinker a thing or two or three Wednesday evening at the dn Moderne Bistro inside the JW Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami.
The jovial Scotsman was in town to launch a new product for duty free travelers: Chivas Regal's The Chivas Brothers' Blend. It's the latest launch for the brand since “Chivas Regal 25 year old” in 2007, and an ultra-smooth Whisky aged for just the perfect amount of time, naturally.
Tasting notes? Think rich amber, bursting with ripe soft fruit flavors, including peach and pear, and accented with runny honey, marmalade and soft candy. Scott gave a history of the brand, started by brothers James and John Chivas, who concocted the first blends in Scotland for their picky clientele back in the early 1800s.
Among the guests was Real Housewives of Miami star, chef and lawyer Ana Quincoces with boyfriend Marcos Jiménez.
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market