Scott Weiland to perform at Ricochet in Midtown on Dec. 2
Former front man for Stone Temple Pilots brings talents to Miami for one night
Scott Weiland, the infamous grunge lead-man for Stone Temple Pilots (STP) and Velvet Revolver, will be performing some of his greatest hits in a very intimate concert at Ricochet Lounge in Midtown on Sunday, Dec. 2.
Through mega shows, parties and sobriety Weiland is perceived as one of the real-deal, old school rock-n-rollers.
His first album, 'Core', was with STP and released in 1992. Together they made an additional four albums which combined for over 35 million copies sold.
In 2003 he joined Slash, Duff Mcagan and Matt Sorum, all from Guns N’ Roses, along with Dave Kushner to form Velvet Revolver and went on to produce two albums, 'Contraband' and 'Libertad', before the break up in 2008.
“He is one of those old school rockstars that will come out, pull his shirt off and really jam!” said Alan Roth, owner of Ricochet. “He has that old school rock-and-roll vibe like Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses – freakin’ Jim Morison from The Doors. It is going to be great to see him in such an intimate setting. If there ever was a time to see him it would be here.”
Open for just over a year the lounge, located at 3250 NE 1st Ave, Suite B in Midtown, has had some impressive talent perform, including Nas and Wyclef Jean.
Tickets are $40 and available at www.ricochetlounge.com
Music in Miami
- Beat Camp workshop provides opportunities for aspiring songwriters, music producers
- Carly Rae Jepsen talks about her upcoming show at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Ben Taylor performs in Miami Beach
- Sweatstock Block Party showcases local, independent music in Miami
- Esperanza Spalding presides over a night of soulful jazz in Miami this Friday
- Tortuga Music Festival in Fort Lauderdale offers something for everyone — even the sea turtles
- ‘American Idol’ star Adam Lambert headlines Sunday at Miami Beach Gay Pride
- Concert review: Taylor Swift in Miami
- Alicia Keys eyes Miami to ‘Set the World on Fire’ on latest tour this Saturday
- Fantasia Barrino comes to Miami to perform at Jazz in the Gardens