Scott Weiland to perform at Ricochet in Midtown on Dec. 2
Former front man for Stone Temple Pilots brings talents to Miami for one night
Scott Weiland, the infamous grunge lead-man for Stone Temple Pilots (STP) and Velvet Revolver, will be performing some of his greatest hits in a very intimate concert at Ricochet Lounge in Midtown on Sunday, Dec. 2.
Through mega shows, parties and sobriety Weiland is perceived as one of the real-deal, old school rock-n-rollers.
His first album, 'Core', was with STP and released in 1992. Together they made an additional four albums which combined for over 35 million copies sold.
In 2003 he joined Slash, Duff Mcagan and Matt Sorum, all from Guns N’ Roses, along with Dave Kushner to form Velvet Revolver and went on to produce two albums, 'Contraband' and 'Libertad', before the break up in 2008.
“He is one of those old school rockstars that will come out, pull his shirt off and really jam!” said Alan Roth, owner of Ricochet. “He has that old school rock-and-roll vibe like Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses – freakin’ Jim Morison from The Doors. It is going to be great to see him in such an intimate setting. If there ever was a time to see him it would be here.”
Open for just over a year the lounge, located at 3250 NE 1st Ave, Suite B in Midtown, has had some impressive talent perform, including Nas and Wyclef Jean.
Tickets are $40 and available at www.ricochetlounge.com
Music in Miami
- Demi Lovato plays Miami on Sunday
- Review: Lily Allen’s too cool to grow up
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Erasure plays Fillmore Miami Beach on Friday night
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- Review: Pop star Katy Perry's playful, colorful Prismatic show sprinkles signs of maturity
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party