Scott Stapp's arms wide open again
Creed's frontman is getting back together with Creed. They're in concert Aug 31.
independence Day 2010 will always have special meaning for Scott Stapp. It's the date the 36-year-old Creed frontman and his wife Jaclyn Nesheiwat welcomed a boy into the world. Daniel Issam Stapp joins big sister Milan, 3, and 12-year-old half-brother Jagger, about whom Stapp penned the band's No.‚1 single With Arms Wide Open. With such honest lyrics as I don't know if I'm ready to be the man I have to be/I'll take a breath, I'll take her by my side/We stand in awe, we've created life," the 2000 hit struck a chord with many new parents. Though Stapp penned the song as a nervous dad-to-be, he's now an old pro. "We're broken-in parents; we know how to do it now," he says. "But we're lucky. D.I. only cries when he has a wet diaper or he's hungry." Stapp, who will play with Creed Aug. 31 at Cruzan Ampitheatre as part of the îî20-10 Tour,'' can always use an audience when he's rehearsing for his next solo album, due out early next year. The stuff he's writing reflects his current personal situation. "i spend a lot of time sitting around watching my family, and I love my wife dearly so I wrote Crazy in Love for her," he says. "I'm never done learning how to articulate about that, and I want to get it right. She and my daughter have changed my understanding of women."
On Our Radar
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video
- Lucie Arnaz to pay homage to her father Desi Arnaz
- Sting to play The Fillmore