SBWFF 2014: Bring a taste of the Festival home with you with Marc Forgione
We caught up with Forgione via email to talk Festival, food trends and the best thing he ate in 2013.
Bring a taste of the Festival home with you via an interactive dinner at the Biltmore. Marc Forgione, the chef/owner of Manhattan’s Restaurant Marc Forgione and American Cut and winner of Food Network’s Next Iron Chef (Season 3), hosts a dinner Saturday, Feb 22 from 7-10pm. We caught up with Forgione via email to talk Festival, food trends and the best thing he ate in 2013.
What are you most looking forward to at the Festival?
SoBe Fest is always a cool time to get out of the cold, especially up here in NY...hang out with my chef friends, cook and eat some great food and experience the lovely city of Miami.
How is SOBEWFF different from other food festivals?
It's a lot warmer than the other ones.
What's the best thing you ate in 2013?
Mantis shrimp in Anguilla
What's your top food trend for 2014?
Taquitos, Laotian food, drinking more bloodies and steakhouses
Describe your perfect Bloody Mary.
Batch 22, ice, Del Maguey Vida Mezcal
What's the best part of an interactive dinner?
Getting to connect with the guests on a spiritual, emotional, and culinary-driven way
What dishes will you be preparing for East Meats West?
Well we're having fun with the title East "Meats" West so we're taking Wagyu and treating it the same way as gravlax. And we're also doing a cool surf and turf with tete de cochon and Petrossian caviar.
Marc Forgione will be cooking at the East Meats West dinner Thursday, Feb 20 and the Barilla Interactive Dinner Saturday, Feb 22. Click links for details, pricing & availability.
- 7 People You'll See at the SOBEWFF Grand Tasting Tents on Miami Beach
- Live updates from the 2015 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- 5 Things We are Excited About for the 2015 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- The List: Travel Channel's Andrew Zimmern's top Miami restaurants
- Go rogue: Top unofficial events during 2015 South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- Celeb chef Mike Isabella and The Surfcomber’s Blair Wilson collaborate for The Mediterranean Feast dinner during Wine & Food Festival week
- Contest: Free tickets to top South Beach Wine & Food Festival events
- Event Notes: Breaking down the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Breaking down Eats & Beats in Miami's Design District
- The 10 best dishes from the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival