SBE to debut The Redbury South Beach in time for Art Basel
Joining The Raleigh and SLS Hotel South Beach, The Redbury South Beach is the latest from SBE Entertainment Group
SBE Entertainment Group’s The Redbury South Beach (1776 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-604-1776) is slated to debut on the west side of Collins Ave. across the street from The Raleigh and within blocks of SLS Hotel South Beach, its established sister properties, in time for Art Basel.
Channeling the glamour of 1950s Rat Pack-era Miami Beach, the hotel’s design aesthetic is directed by acclaimed photographer and music video director Matthew Rolston. His creative eye is also behind the original Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine in Los Angeles, which opened in 2010 with a 1960s Hollywood rock-n-roll bohemia aesthetic.
“The Redbury brand is one that is deeply connected to the culture and history of the community in which it resides,” says sbe Founder, Chairman and CEO Sam Nazarian.
The 69-room boutique hotel in South Beach will showcase an art collection featuring historic Fillmore Theater posters and archival images of Miami Beach, as well as vintage-style record players with vinyls curated by Capitol Records and Universal Music Enterprises.
Additionally, guest rooms will include custom furniture, the Redbury Signature Mattress with plush, custom pillow top and 300-thread count Italian linen, as well as an oversized shower and bathtub. Rooms will also be equipped with Samsung high definition televisions and Geneva Bluetooth Sound Systems.
The defining feature of The Redbury brand is the lobbys' signature red velvet opera curtains, as well as custom millwork, paisley wall coverings and a collection of eclectic vintage art pieces.
Helming the hotel’s culinary presence is Lorenzo, an Italian concept created by cookbook author and James Beard Award-winning Chef Tony Mantuano of Chicago’s Spiaggia. The restaurant held its grand opening party Wednesday night and is currently open for business during lunch and dinner. Featuring an all Italian wine list, a cocktail program will also be headed by Napa Valley’s Goose & Gander’s Michael Jack Pazdon.
While the beach is a short walk across the street on Collins Ave., the hotel boasts a 12,000 square-foot rooftop pool. Guests of The Redbury will also have access to The Raleigh and SLS Hotel South Beach’s pools and beach amenities at a fraction of the cost of guests staying at those properties.
According to each of the three hotels’ website booking engines, a mid-December weekend stay starts at $710 per night at The Raleigh and $615 per night at the SLS, compared to a mere $259 per night at The Redbury—and that’s what's known as South Beach luxury on a budget.
- Check Into Hotel Gaythering, a New LGBT Hotel For Gay Pride Weekend
- The Villa by Barton G. Reopens at Versace Mansion with Boutique Hotel, Restaurant, Event Space
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Hosts All-Star Tennis Tournament & Offers Sony Open Packages
- Miami Hotel Personality: Javier Beneyto of the Newly Opened Metropolitan by COMO
- Spring Training Hotel Packages Across Florida
- Two Miami Beach Marriotts Rebrand to Attract the Modern Miami Traveler
- Avicii Returns to Miami with Avicii Hotel at SLS South Beach During Miami Music Week
- Red Bull Guest House Announces Miami Music Week Takeover of Gale South Beach
- The Raleigh Hotel's Restaurant Michael Schwartz Presents Steinway & Sons Concert Series
- Metropolitan by COMO Set to Open Valentine's Day & Other Romantic Miami Hotel Retreats