Sayonara Stone Crabs
Two days left of stone crab season - is there enough mustard sauce to go around?
Stone crab season officially ends on Saturday, which means two final days to grab your claws & mustard sauce. Expect Joe’s to be flooded with its annual love-em-before-they leave mad dash, but here’s a dirty little dining secret – Joe’s in the summer rocks.
It’s accessible (minimal, if any, waits), it’s affordable (pricier stone crabs drop off the menu but longtime $5.95 turkey burger, chopped tenderloin and ½ chicken entrees tend to stick around) and it’s insider-y (Joe’s traditionally closed for season but in-the-know locals know that it now remains open through August 1). Extra bonus – the iconic outpost is launching a Friday & Saturday night jazz series beginning May 21.
We say, skip the crowds this weekend and pop by next week for a killer cocktail, clam chowder, ginger salmon and a slice of key lime pie. Fresh crabs (and the crowds) will return in October.
Joe's Stone Crabs
11 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Brickell Restaurant Week begins today
- COYO Taco opens in Brickell today
- Celeb chef Michelle Bernstein out at Seagrape
- MiMo's The Federal will close for a week, reopen with new name, concept
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral