Sayonara Stone Crabs
Two days left of stone crab season - is there enough mustard sauce to go around?
Joe's Stone Crabs
11 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
Stone crab season officially ends on Saturday, which means two final days to grab your claws & mustard sauce. Expect Joe’s to be flooded with its annual love-em-before-they leave mad dash, but here’s a dirty little dining secret – Joe’s in the summer rocks.
It’s accessible (minimal, if any, waits), it’s affordable (pricier stone crabs drop off the menu but longtime $5.95 turkey burger, chopped tenderloin and ½ chicken entrees tend to stick around) and it’s insider-y (Joe’s traditionally closed for season but in-the-know locals know that it now remains open through August 1). Extra bonus – the iconic outpost is launching a Friday & Saturday night jazz series beginning May 21.
We say, skip the crowds this weekend and pop by next week for a killer cocktail, clam chowder, ginger salmon and a slice of key lime pie. Fresh crabs (and the crowds) will return in October.
- Copperbox chef Gabriela Machado returns with 'Paladar' dinner series
- Indulge in a Krug dinner at the Dutch Sept 3
- Miami Spice Mash-Up grand finale
- Brush up on grill skills at BLT Prime this weekend
- Flex your mussels at Bistro BE and Colette
- Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road
- Craft beer dinners bubble up in Miami
- Best Burger in Miami? Zagat says db Bistro Moderne
- National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
- Nobu celebrates 20 years with $120 omakase menu