Sayonara Stone Crabs
Two days left of stone crab season - is there enough mustard sauce to go around?
Joe's Stone Crabs
11 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
Stone crab season officially ends on Saturday, which means two final days to grab your claws & mustard sauce. Expect Joe’s to be flooded with its annual love-em-before-they leave mad dash, but here’s a dirty little dining secret – Joe’s in the summer rocks.
It’s accessible (minimal, if any, waits), it’s affordable (pricier stone crabs drop off the menu but longtime $5.95 turkey burger, chopped tenderloin and ½ chicken entrees tend to stick around) and it’s insider-y (Joe’s traditionally closed for season but in-the-know locals know that it now remains open through August 1). Extra bonus – the iconic outpost is launching a Friday & Saturday night jazz series beginning May 21.
We say, skip the crowds this weekend and pop by next week for a killer cocktail, clam chowder, ginger salmon and a slice of key lime pie. Fresh crabs (and the crowds) will return in October.
- My Ceviche owners to open Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen in Miami
- Slow Food's Ark of Taste at Paraiso Bay
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin
- Miami Beach's Macchialina to open in Asheville
- Fresh American Bistro debuts in Sunny Isles
- The List: Seagrape's Michelle Bernstein
- Pubbelly and Wynwood Brewing Co. to open restaurant, beer bar on cruise ship
- Are these the best restaurants in South Florida?
- La Nuit en Rosé wine festival coming to Miami Beach Edition
- Miami's 15 most anticipated restaurants of 2015