Sayonara Stone Crabs
Two days left of stone crab season - is there enough mustard sauce to go around?
Stone crab season officially ends on Saturday, which means two final days to grab your claws & mustard sauce. Expect Joe’s to be flooded with its annual love-em-before-they leave mad dash, but here’s a dirty little dining secret – Joe’s in the summer rocks.
It’s accessible (minimal, if any, waits), it’s affordable (pricier stone crabs drop off the menu but longtime $5.95 turkey burger, chopped tenderloin and ½ chicken entrees tend to stick around) and it’s insider-y (Joe’s traditionally closed for season but in-the-know locals know that it now remains open through August 1). Extra bonus – the iconic outpost is launching a Friday & Saturday night jazz series beginning May 21.
We say, skip the crowds this weekend and pop by next week for a killer cocktail, clam chowder, ginger salmon and a slice of key lime pie. Fresh crabs (and the crowds) will return in October.
Joe's Stone Crabs
11 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
- What chefs, authors the Miami Book Fair has for food lovers
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- Miami's favorite croquetas by Yelpers in honor of Croquetapalooza
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen
- This "clean eating" South Beach restaurant to open Brickell spot
- Croquetas get star treatment at Croquetapalooza
- UberEATS expands delivery west to Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, South Miami