Sayonara Stone Crabs
Two days left of stone crab season - is there enough mustard sauce to go around?
Joe's Stone Crabs
11 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
Stone crab season officially ends on Saturday, which means two final days to grab your claws & mustard sauce. Expect Joe’s to be flooded with its annual love-em-before-they leave mad dash, but here’s a dirty little dining secret – Joe’s in the summer rocks.
It’s accessible (minimal, if any, waits), it’s affordable (pricier stone crabs drop off the menu but longtime $5.95 turkey burger, chopped tenderloin and ½ chicken entrees tend to stick around) and it’s insider-y (Joe’s traditionally closed for season but in-the-know locals know that it now remains open through August 1). Extra bonus – the iconic outpost is launching a Friday & Saturday night jazz series beginning May 21.
We say, skip the crowds this weekend and pop by next week for a killer cocktail, clam chowder, ginger salmon and a slice of key lime pie. Fresh crabs (and the crowds) will return in October.
- Dale Talde's top 10 things to eat in Miami
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares