Saturday, March 5
Asian Culture Festival: Asian cuisine, arts and crafts, fruit and vegetable carving demos and more; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (also Sunday), Redland Fruit and Spice Park, 24801 SW 187th Ave., Miami-Dade; $10, free for kids 11 and under. 305-247-5727.
Cocktails & Smiles: Fundraiser for Operation Smile Florida medical charity includes hors d’oeuvres, dancing and silent auction. 8 p.m.-midnight; Alpine Jaguar, 6606 N. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale; $100. cocktailsandsmiles.eventbrite.com.
Coral Gables Farmer’s Market: 8 a.m.-1 p.m. with 10 a.m. chef demo; in front of City Hall, 405 Biltmore Way, Coral Gables. 305-460-5600.
GreenMarket Pompano Beach: 8 a.m.-1 p.m.; Flagler Avenue and Northeast First Street, Pompano Beach. 954-292-8040.
Key Biscayne Green Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Key Biscayne Community Church, 355 Glenridge Rd., Key Biscayne. 305-361-2411.
Key West Conch Fest: Conch chowder cook-off, flea market and more; 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Bay View Park, Jose Marti Drive and Truman Avenue, Key West; free admission. 305-725-6446.
Afternoon of Family Fun: Design District restaurants, retailers and galleries offer pizza making, cupcake decorating and other free activities; also food trucks and farmer’s market; noon-4 p.m., 39th and 40th streets from Northeast Second to North Miami avenues. Free admission.
Miramar Green Market: 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Miramar Square, southeast corner of Flamingo Road and Miramar Parkway, Miramar; 866-WDI-1230.
Moms Morning: Moms get a free cup of coffee and five-minute massage when they purchase breakfast; 8:30-10 a.m., Whole Foods Market, 810 University Dr., Coral Springs. 954-753-8000.
Normandy Village Marketplace: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., in the 900 block of 71st Street at the Normandy Isle Fountain, along the Rue Vendome North Beach, Miami Beach. 305-531-0038.
Riverwalk Trust Urban Market: 8 a.m.-1 p.m., 227 SW Second Ave. in the Historic District, Fort Lauderdale. 954-298-5607.
South Miami Farmer’s Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., in front of South Miami City Hall, 6130 Sunset Dr., South Miami. 305-663-6340.
Winn-Dixie Stores Calle Ocho Celebration: Live cooking demo by Chef Pepin of Spanish-speaking TV noon-2 p.m. plus entertainment, face painting, balloon art and appearance by Miss Carnaval Miami 2011; noon-3 p.m., Winn-Dixie Store 243, 541 W. 49th St., Hialeah; free. 305-556-6588.
Yellow Green Farmer’s Market: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (also Sunday), 1940 N. 30th Rd., Hollywood (off Taft Street next to I-95, accessible via Tri-Rail, bus, car or bicycle); valet parking available. 954-513-3990.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Eating House branches out with Taperia Raca in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Sugarcane hosts Santa Teresa rum dinner April 30
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Eating House hosts annual 4:20 dinner Sunday, April 20
- 3 stars for Seasalt & Pepper on Miami River
- Tongue & Cheek celebrates its first anniversary with $2 sliders, $4 cocktails and free ice cream
- 2 stars for South Miami's Buns & Buns
- Egg hunts, cooking class, Frozen screening & Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Traymore entices with seafood stew, 40 gins and a gleaming white dining room at the new Metropolitan Miami by COMO hotel