Keeping up with The Genuines: updates on Michael Schwartz's doings & dealings
Michael Schwartz and his Genuine team have their hands full
As blogger Ryan Roman spread the word that Barbuto's chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia would be running the kitchen at Michael Schwartz's next big thing The Cypress Room, we realized it was time to snag the chef and his Genuine team for a little game of catch up. What follows is pretty comprehensive--though don't be surprised if fifty more projects come down the pipeline as you read this--update of the goings on in Schwartz's world.
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink: For the first time ever, MGFD will be serving Saturday lunch starting on February 9 and featuring the same menu as the weekday lunch.
Raleigh Hotel: Things are kicking into gear but, as the SBE team gets oriented with its newest acquisition, it may be a while before we see the Schwartzification of the hotel's restaurant.
Michael's Genuine Home Brew: Now available at Shake Shack, Total Wine & More, SLS Hotel South Beach (duh), The Broken Shaker and more.
Schwartz at Sea: Expect an announcement about another Schwartz collaboration with Royal Carribbean.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar