Keeping up with The Genuines: updates on Michael Schwartz's doings & dealings
Michael Schwartz and his Genuine team have their hands full
As blogger Ryan Roman spread the word that Barbuto's chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia would be running the kitchen at Michael Schwartz's next big thing The Cypress Room, we realized it was time to snag the chef and his Genuine team for a little game of catch up. What follows is pretty comprehensive--though don't be surprised if fifty more projects come down the pipeline as you read this--update of the goings on in Schwartz's world.
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink: For the first time ever, MGFD will be serving Saturday lunch starting on February 9 and featuring the same menu as the weekday lunch.
Raleigh Hotel: Things are kicking into gear but, as the SBE team gets oriented with its newest acquisition, it may be a while before we see the Schwartzification of the hotel's restaurant.
Michael's Genuine Home Brew: Now available at Shake Shack, Total Wine & More, SLS Hotel South Beach (duh), The Broken Shaker and more.
Schwartz at Sea: Expect an announcement about another Schwartz collaboration with Royal Carribbean.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.