Keeping up with The Genuines: updates on Michael Schwartz's doings & dealings
Michael Schwartz and his Genuine team have their hands full
As blogger Ryan Roman spread the word that Barbuto's chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia would be running the kitchen at Michael Schwartz's next big thing The Cypress Room, we realized it was time to snag the chef and his Genuine team for a little game of catch up. What follows is pretty comprehensive--though don't be surprised if fifty more projects come down the pipeline as you read this--update of the goings on in Schwartz's world.
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink: For the first time ever, MGFD will be serving Saturday lunch starting on February 9 and featuring the same menu as the weekday lunch.
Raleigh Hotel: Things are kicking into gear but, as the SBE team gets oriented with its newest acquisition, it may be a while before we see the Schwartzification of the hotel's restaurant.
Michael's Genuine Home Brew: Now available at Shake Shack, Total Wine & More, SLS Hotel South Beach (duh), The Broken Shaker and more.
Schwartz at Sea: Expect an announcement about another Schwartz collaboration with Royal Carribbean.
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood