Keeping up with The Genuines: updates on Michael Schwartz's doings & dealings
Michael Schwartz and his Genuine team have their hands full
As blogger Ryan Roman spread the word that Barbuto's chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia would be running the kitchen at Michael Schwartz's next big thing The Cypress Room, we realized it was time to snag the chef and his Genuine team for a little game of catch up. What follows is pretty comprehensive--though don't be surprised if fifty more projects come down the pipeline as you read this--update of the goings on in Schwartz's world.
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink: For the first time ever, MGFD will be serving Saturday lunch starting on February 9 and featuring the same menu as the weekday lunch.
Raleigh Hotel: Things are kicking into gear but, as the SBE team gets oriented with its newest acquisition, it may be a while before we see the Schwartzification of the hotel's restaurant.
Michael's Genuine Home Brew: Now available at Shake Shack, Total Wine & More, SLS Hotel South Beach (duh), The Broken Shaker and more.
Schwartz at Sea: Expect an announcement about another Schwartz collaboration with Royal Carribbean.
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more