Keeping up with The Genuines: updates on Michael Schwartz's doings & dealings
Michael Schwartz and his Genuine team have their hands full
As blogger Ryan Roman spread the word that Barbuto's chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia would be running the kitchen at Michael Schwartz's next big thing The Cypress Room, we realized it was time to snag the chef and his Genuine team for a little game of catch up. What follows is pretty comprehensive--though don't be surprised if fifty more projects come down the pipeline as you read this--update of the goings on in Schwartz's world.
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink: For the first time ever, MGFD will be serving Saturday lunch starting on February 9 and featuring the same menu as the weekday lunch.
Raleigh Hotel: Things are kicking into gear but, as the SBE team gets oriented with its newest acquisition, it may be a while before we see the Schwartzification of the hotel's restaurant.
Michael's Genuine Home Brew: Now available at Shake Shack, Total Wine & More, SLS Hotel South Beach (duh), The Broken Shaker and more.
Schwartz at Sea: Expect an announcement about another Schwartz collaboration with Royal Carribbean.
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location