Sarah Jessica Parker to celebrate Miami Rhapsody
Coming to town for MIFF
Back before Sex and the City, there was Miami Rhapsody. Sarah Jessica Parker will look back fondly on her 1995 locally shot movie costarring Mia Farrow, Antonio Banderas and Jeremy Piven on Friday, February 8. The movie first premiered at the Miami International Film Festival and all these years later, it's still a classic and will help MIFF ring in its 30th anniversary.Produced and presented by Miami Dade College, the event at Miami Dade College Tower Theater will feature a “cast reunion” and screening of the movie directed by David Frankel, as part of MIFF’s month-long Countdown Retrospective series.
Special guests include cast members Parker, Piven and Carla Gugino, who will join Frankel for the evening.After the screening, festitvities continue at The Coral Gables Country Club at 9 p.m Tickets to the screening and party are on $130 at http://miamiretro.festivalgenius.com/2013/films/miamirhapsody_miamiretro2013;
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street