Sarah Jessica Parker to celebrate Miami Rhapsody
Coming to town for MIFF
Back before Sex and the City, there was Miami Rhapsody. Sarah Jessica Parker will look back fondly on her 1995 locally shot movie costarring Mia Farrow, Antonio Banderas and Jeremy Piven on Friday, February 8. The movie first premiered at the Miami International Film Festival and all these years later, it's still a classic and will help MIFF ring in its 30th anniversary.Produced and presented by Miami Dade College, the event at Miami Dade College Tower Theater will feature a “cast reunion” and screening of the movie directed by David Frankel, as part of MIFF’s month-long Countdown Retrospective series.
Special guests include cast members Parker, Piven and Carla Gugino, who will join Frankel for the evening.After the screening, festitvities continue at The Coral Gables Country Club at 9 p.m Tickets to the screening and party are on $130 at http://miamiretro.festivalgenius.com/2013/films/miamirhapsody_miamiretro2013;
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'