Sarah Jessica Parker to celebrate Miami Rhapsody
Coming to town for MIFF
Back before Sex and the City, there was Miami Rhapsody. Sarah Jessica Parker will look back fondly on her 1995 locally shot movie costarring Mia Farrow, Antonio Banderas and Jeremy Piven on Friday, February 8. The movie first premiered at the Miami International Film Festival and all these years later, it's still a classic and will help MIFF ring in its 30th anniversary.Produced and presented by Miami Dade College, the event at Miami Dade College Tower Theater will feature a “cast reunion” and screening of the movie directed by David Frankel, as part of MIFF’s month-long Countdown Retrospective series.
Special guests include cast members Parker, Piven and Carla Gugino, who will join Frankel for the evening.After the screening, festitvities continue at The Coral Gables Country Club at 9 p.m Tickets to the screening and party are on $130 at http://miamiretro.festivalgenius.com/2013/films/miamirhapsody_miamiretro2013;
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges