David Sedaris' essay as working as an elf at Macy's goes one-man-show at the Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts.
Humorist David Sedaris really did work as an elf at Macy’s Santaland, and the essay he wrote detailing his experience helped make him a star on National Public Radio and beyond. Joe Mantello turned the piece into a one-man show, and now South Florida actor-playwright Michael McKeever is donning the pointy hat and sardonic attitude for his interpretation of The Santaland Diaries.
The Zoetic Stage production opens Friday, Dec. 9, 2011 in the Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday, 4 p.m. Sunday, through Dec. 23 (additional evening show Dec. 20). Tickets are $35. For information, call 305-949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org.
The Santaland Diaries
Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
See and Do
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Wynwood Art Walk moves to a larger street for monthly event in Miami
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- 7 best bets for live music this weekend
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida
- A 'Sound of Music’ that hits many of the right notes
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 9 features you won’t want to miss
- DWNTWN Art Days 2015 this weekend