David Sedaris' essay as working as an elf at Macy's goes one-man-show at the Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts.
The Santaland Diaries
Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Humorist David Sedaris really did work as an elf at Macy’s Santaland, and the essay he wrote detailing his experience helped make him a star on National Public Radio and beyond. Joe Mantello turned the piece into a one-man show, and now South Florida actor-playwright Michael McKeever is donning the pointy hat and sardonic attitude for his interpretation of The Santaland Diaries.
The Zoetic Stage production opens Friday, Dec. 9, 2011 in the Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday, 4 p.m. Sunday, through Dec. 23 (additional evening show Dec. 20). Tickets are $35. For information, call 305-949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org.
See and Do
- Perez Art Museum Miami’s new exhibits will reflect Miami
- George Balanchine’s ‘The Nutcracker’
- The Orchid Show takes over Design District on Nov. 14
- Optic Nerve Film Festival 14 takes place Friday at Museum of Contemporary Art
- Visual Arts in Miami
- Charles LeDray at the Bass Museum
- Microteatro brings theater shorts to downtown Miami
- Miami Museums
- Tigertail presents Tool is Loot, a collaborative dance
- Miami City Ballet debuts new work by young British choreographer