David Sedaris' essay as working as an elf at Macy's goes one-man-show at the Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts.
Humorist David Sedaris really did work as an elf at Macy’s Santaland, and the essay he wrote detailing his experience helped make him a star on National Public Radio and beyond. Joe Mantello turned the piece into a one-man show, and now South Florida actor-playwright Michael McKeever is donning the pointy hat and sardonic attitude for his interpretation of The Santaland Diaries.
The Zoetic Stage production opens Friday, Dec. 9, 2011 in the Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday, 4 p.m. Sunday, through Dec. 23 (additional evening show Dec. 20). Tickets are $35. For information, call 305-949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org.
The Santaland Diaries
Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
See and Do
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Miami.com debuts ‘Ocho de Noche’ series with exclusive event at Teatro Trail on Aug. 26
- A complete guide to Miami's many museums
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 17-19
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 10-12
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?
- 7 museums to visit during Miami Museum Month