David Sedaris' essay as working as an elf at Macy's goes one-man-show at the Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts.
The Santaland Diaries
Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Humorist David Sedaris really did work as an elf at Macy’s Santaland, and the essay he wrote detailing his experience helped make him a star on National Public Radio and beyond. Joe Mantello turned the piece into a one-man show, and now South Florida actor-playwright Michael McKeever is donning the pointy hat and sardonic attitude for his interpretation of The Santaland Diaries.
The Zoetic Stage production opens Friday, Dec. 9, 2011 in the Carnival Studio Theater at Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday, 4 p.m. Sunday, through Dec. 23 (additional evening show Dec. 20). Tickets are $35. For information, call 305-949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org.
See and Do
- DWNTWN Art Days 2015 this weekend
- Schmooze Over Miami teaches history through a theatrical pub crawl
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- A more modest ‘Anything Goes’ docks at the Broward Center
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Bayfront Park upgrades summer lineup in downtown Miami