Sanford & Sun
Give in to this white wine during Miami's hot summer months
Pop It for September:
2008 Sanford Chardonnay Santa Barbara County, $18
Where to get it
Costco's, 14585 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach, 305-944-8711.
Special order at Hollywood Vine, 2035 Harrison St., Hollywood, 954-922-2910.
As you figure out ways to control the Miami sweat oozing from unmentionable crevices, entrust your wine choices to me.
This relentless summer heat belongs to white wines. Choose varietals with tropical fruit characteristics that match perfectly with those mangoes you stole from your neighbor's backyard.
The 2008 Sanford Chardonnay, for example, is a summer fruit salad with its papaya and peach aromas and flavors accented with a touch of lime. The finish is long and seductive with bright minerality that dances lovingly with ackee (seasonal Jamaican fruit), lambi (Haitian conch stew), ceviche, grilled snapper, and conch fritters (We like the ones at Goldie's on Northwest 27th Ave. and 112th St.).
You can also pair this wine with desserts like grilled nectarines and Gaby’s Farm luxurious Crème de Canistel Ice Cream (a Whole Foods gem).
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015
- Go Drink This: Gas Me Up Punch
- Get your bourbon on at Shula's 347 Grill December 8
- Go Drink This: Dirty Pickle