Sanford & Sun
Give in to this white wine during Miami's hot summer months
As you figure out ways to control the Miami sweat oozing from unmentionable crevices, entrust your wine choices to me.
This relentless summer heat belongs to white wines. Choose varietals with tropical fruit characteristics that match perfectly with those mangoes you stole from your neighbor's backyard.
The 2008 Sanford Chardonnay, for example, is a summer fruit salad with its papaya and peach aromas and flavors accented with a touch of lime. The finish is long and seductive with bright minerality that dances lovingly with ackee (seasonal Jamaican fruit), lambi (Haitian conch stew), ceviche, grilled snapper, and conch fritters (We like the ones at Goldie's on Northwest 27th Ave. and 112th St.).
You can also pair this wine with desserts like grilled nectarines and Gaby’s Farm luxurious Crème de Canistel Ice Cream (a Whole Foods gem).
Pop It for September:
2008 Sanford Chardonnay Santa Barbara County, $18
Where to get it
Costco's, 14585 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach, 305-944-8711.
Special order at Hollywood Vine, 2035 Harrison St., Hollywood, 954-922-2910.
- KLIMA wants to be Miami Beach's most authentic Spanish restaurant
- LILT Lounge is much more than a hotel bar
- A splash of luxury on the Miami River
- Where to get your Octoberfest on in Miami
- A Miami Beach cocktail crawl without leaving your hotel
- 5 Miami Beach spots that take brunching to a whole new level
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar