Sanford & Sun
Give in to this white wine during Miami's hot summer months
Pop It for September:
2008 Sanford Chardonnay Santa Barbara County, $18
Where to get it
Costco's, 14585 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach, 305-944-8711.
Special order at Hollywood Vine, 2035 Harrison St., Hollywood, 954-922-2910.
As you figure out ways to control the Miami sweat oozing from unmentionable crevices, entrust your wine choices to me.
This relentless summer heat belongs to white wines. Choose varietals with tropical fruit characteristics that match perfectly with those mangoes you stole from your neighbor's backyard.
The 2008 Sanford Chardonnay, for example, is a summer fruit salad with its papaya and peach aromas and flavors accented with a touch of lime. The finish is long and seductive with bright minerality that dances lovingly with ackee (seasonal Jamaican fruit), lambi (Haitian conch stew), ceviche, grilled snapper, and conch fritters (We like the ones at Goldie's on Northwest 27th Ave. and 112th St.).
You can also pair this wine with desserts like grilled nectarines and Gaby’s Farm luxurious Crème de Canistel Ice Cream (a Whole Foods gem).
- Sangria Loves Sundays at Bar Centro
- Medicinal Cocktail Bar Drogerie Opens in Miami Beach
- Moët Ice keeps the Heat playoffs White Hot as the NBA Finals begin
- Tuesday night's are "Martini Culture" time at The Raleigh
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste