Sanford & Sun
Give in to this white wine during Miami's hot summer months
Pop It for September:
2008 Sanford Chardonnay Santa Barbara County, $18
Where to get it
Costco's, 14585 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach, 305-944-8711.
Special order at Hollywood Vine, 2035 Harrison St., Hollywood, 954-922-2910.
As you figure out ways to control the Miami sweat oozing from unmentionable crevices, entrust your wine choices to me.
This relentless summer heat belongs to white wines. Choose varietals with tropical fruit characteristics that match perfectly with those mangoes you stole from your neighbor's backyard.
The 2008 Sanford Chardonnay, for example, is a summer fruit salad with its papaya and peach aromas and flavors accented with a touch of lime. The finish is long and seductive with bright minerality that dances lovingly with ackee (seasonal Jamaican fruit), lambi (Haitian conch stew), ceviche, grilled snapper, and conch fritters (We like the ones at Goldie's on Northwest 27th Ave. and 112th St.).
You can also pair this wine with desserts like grilled nectarines and Gaby’s Farm luxurious Crème de Canistel Ice Cream (a Whole Foods gem).
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer
- Wine: Gris or Grigio? Know your Pinot
- For the World Cup, fill your cup with South American wines
- Drink pink: 6 rosé wines to try this summer
- Champagne lovers and cocktail connoisseurs flock to Fort Lauderdale for Friday Happy Hour at Bar Stache
- Summer Sips: Miami overflows with new cocktail menus and bars
- Summer Fun: Your guide to happy hours, beers and cocktails in Miami this summer