Sammy Sosa buys home in Golden Beach
Throws down money
Retired baseballer Sammy Sosa just dropped $7.6 million on a 7-bedroom, 8 1/2 bath estate in Golden Beach. “Sammy is a big fan of Miami, and it’s wonderful that he has chosen to purchase a home here,” says Nelson Gonzalez, a top realtor with EWM Realty International/Christie's International Real Estate who had the listing. “This is one of the most beautiful homes in all of Golden Beach. I’ve no doubts he is truly going to enjoy it.”
Sosa celebrated his new digs with a blow-out White Gala this Saturday, where the guests donned gleaming white suits and gowns, sipped champagne, puffed on hookas, snacked on sushi and danced to salsa giant Victor Manuelle. Sosa's wife Sonia, who is pregnant with the couple's sixth child, sported a gown of her own design.
On Our Radar
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips
- Cristiano Ronaldo spied out in Miami
- Ex Housewife Ana Quincoces fails to win Next Food Network Star