Sammy Sosa buys home in Golden Beach
Throws down money
Retired baseballer Sammy Sosa just dropped $7.6 million on a 7-bedroom, 8 1/2 bath estate in Golden Beach. “Sammy is a big fan of Miami, and it’s wonderful that he has chosen to purchase a home here,” says Nelson Gonzalez, a top realtor with EWM Realty International/Christie's International Real Estate who had the listing. “This is one of the most beautiful homes in all of Golden Beach. I’ve no doubts he is truly going to enjoy it.”
Sosa celebrated his new digs with a blow-out White Gala this Saturday, where the guests donned gleaming white suits and gowns, sipped champagne, puffed on hookas, snacked on sushi and danced to salsa giant Victor Manuelle. Sosa's wife Sonia, who is pregnant with the couple's sixth child, sported a gown of her own design.
On Our Radar
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie