Sammy Sosa buys home in Golden Beach
Throws down money
Retired baseballer Sammy Sosa just dropped $7.6 million on a 7-bedroom, 8 1/2 bath estate in Golden Beach. “Sammy is a big fan of Miami, and it’s wonderful that he has chosen to purchase a home here,” says Nelson Gonzalez, a top realtor with EWM Realty International/Christie's International Real Estate who had the listing. “This is one of the most beautiful homes in all of Golden Beach. I’ve no doubts he is truly going to enjoy it.”
Sosa celebrated his new digs with a blow-out White Gala this Saturday, where the guests donned gleaming white suits and gowns, sipped champagne, puffed on hookas, snacked on sushi and danced to salsa giant Victor Manuelle. Sosa's wife Sonia, who is pregnant with the couple's sixth child, sported a gown of her own design.
On Our Radar
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested