Sammy Sosa buys home in Golden Beach
Throws down money
Retired baseballer Sammy Sosa just dropped $7.6 million on a 7-bedroom, 8 1/2 bath estate in Golden Beach. “Sammy is a big fan of Miami, and it’s wonderful that he has chosen to purchase a home here,” says Nelson Gonzalez, a top realtor with EWM Realty International/Christie's International Real Estate who had the listing. “This is one of the most beautiful homes in all of Golden Beach. I’ve no doubts he is truly going to enjoy it.”
Sosa celebrated his new digs with a blow-out White Gala this Saturday, where the guests donned gleaming white suits and gowns, sipped champagne, puffed on hookas, snacked on sushi and danced to salsa giant Victor Manuelle. Sosa's wife Sonia, who is pregnant with the couple's sixth child, sported a gown of her own design.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails