Sammy Sosa buys home in Golden Beach
Throws down money
Retired baseballer Sammy Sosa just dropped $7.6 million on a 7-bedroom, 8 1/2 bath estate in Golden Beach. “Sammy is a big fan of Miami, and it’s wonderful that he has chosen to purchase a home here,” says Nelson Gonzalez, a top realtor with EWM Realty International/Christie's International Real Estate who had the listing. “This is one of the most beautiful homes in all of Golden Beach. I’ve no doubts he is truly going to enjoy it.”
Sosa celebrated his new digs with a blow-out White Gala this Saturday, where the guests donned gleaming white suits and gowns, sipped champagne, puffed on hookas, snacked on sushi and danced to salsa giant Victor Manuelle. Sosa's wife Sonia, who is pregnant with the couple's sixth child, sported a gown of her own design.
On Our Radar
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach