Run Off Those Holiday Pounds
Run that holiday weight off. Here's a list of upcoming runs in South Florida.
By Solange Reyner
We know you're looking for ways to shed that extra holiday weight, so we've compiled a list of upcoming runs that might peak your interest. Prep for this one with a buddy, or find a local run team that can help.
- January 23
5K Blazer Torch Run at Boca Raton Christian School - starts @ 7:15 a.m. Call 561-955-9713.
- January 24
5K/10K I Care I Cure...I Run at BankAtlantic Center @7:30. Call 954-384-7521.
- January 30
- 5K Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Florida Tropical through Watson Island, Miami and Miami Beach @ 7:30. Call 305-278-8668 or click here for more info.
- 5K William Boynton Memorial through East Pat Larkin Community Center in Pompano Beach @ 7 a.m. Call 954-973-3038.
- 5K and 1-Mile Omega XL Caring For Kids through Esplanade Park in Fort Lauderdale @7:30 a.m. Call 954-384-7521.
- 5K Susan G. Komen South Florida Race For the Cure at Meyer Amphitheater in West Palm Beach @ 7:30 a.m. Call 888-470-6374.
- January 31
ING Marathon and Half-Marathon at American Airlines Arena in Miami at 6:15 a.m. Call 305-278-8668 or click here for more info.
See and Do
- Cartoonist Stephan Pastis at Books & Books on Sunday, March 16
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair: Five things we are excited about
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho