Run Off Those Holiday Pounds
Run that holiday weight off. Here's a list of upcoming runs in South Florida.
By Solange Reyner
We know you're looking for ways to shed that extra holiday weight, so we've compiled a list of upcoming runs that might peak your interest. Prep for this one with a buddy, or find a local run team that can help.
- January 23
5K Blazer Torch Run at Boca Raton Christian School - starts @ 7:15 a.m. Call 561-955-9713.
- January 24
5K/10K I Care I Cure...I Run at BankAtlantic Center @7:30. Call 954-384-7521.
- January 30
- 5K Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Florida Tropical through Watson Island, Miami and Miami Beach @ 7:30. Call 305-278-8668 or click here for more info.
- 5K William Boynton Memorial through East Pat Larkin Community Center in Pompano Beach @ 7 a.m. Call 954-973-3038.
- 5K and 1-Mile Omega XL Caring For Kids through Esplanade Park in Fort Lauderdale @7:30 a.m. Call 954-384-7521.
- 5K Susan G. Komen South Florida Race For the Cure at Meyer Amphitheater in West Palm Beach @ 7:30 a.m. Call 888-470-6374.
- January 31
ING Marathon and Half-Marathon at American Airlines Arena in Miami at 6:15 a.m. Call 305-278-8668 or click here for more info.
See and Do
- Michael Franti & Spearhead headline music and yoga festival
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week