Run for a Cause
Hit the streets to run a 5k for one of several good causes in South Florida.
Put your fitness to the test and raise money for good causes this week at one of several 5k footraces taking place around South Florida.
2010 Waterford 5K
This run/walk benefits the local Miami-Dade Chapter of Autism Speaks, North America’s largest autism research and advocacy organization. With a special competition that awards the overall male and overall female winner, the Waterford 5K is open to individuals, families, companies and businesses. The top overall male and female runner will receive an prize package that includes a seven night, all-inclusive trip for two to Club Med’s Sandpiper Bay, provided by Club Med.
Friday, November 12, 2010, 6:45 p.m., Blue Lagoon Office Park, 6100 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami; For registration information or to reserve a registration packet, please contact FootWorks at (305) 666-RACE (7223) or visit www.waterford5k.com.
2010 Let’s Move Together Miami-Dade Walk
Help raise funds for the more than 500,000 adults and children in Miami-Dade County affected by arthritis at the 2010 Let’s Move Together Miami-Dade Arthritis Walk. The Arthritis Foundation provides summer camp tuition for children with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, community outreach, local programs, health education, and arthritis research to improve their lives.
Saturday, November 13, registration at 8 a.m. Crandon Park, 4000 Crandon Blvd., Key Biscayne; more information at www.MiamiWalk.kintera.org.
Transplant Foundation’s 5th Annual Miracle Walk/Run
The Miracle Walk/Run is a 5k race geared to promote organ donation in the community. In addition to the 5k, enjoy breakfast, ice cream, lunch, a health fair and music and entertainment to celebrate completion of the walk/run. Plus, your registration includes an official Miracle Walk/Run t-shirt and the entrance fee to the zoo, so you can stay and enjoy the day with family and friends.
Sunday, November 14th from 7:00-12:00pm. Zoo Miami, 12400 SW 152nd Street Miami; Pre-registration is $35 for Adults / $20 for children under 13.
See and Do
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 2016 Great Park Summit showcases strategies for parks in Miami-Dade on Friday
- Hands-on event for kids and parents in Miami’s Design District on Sunday, April 17
- 7 Fun Things To Do During Spring Break for Teens (and Adults of Any Age)
- Eight options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Columbus Day Regatta enters 60th year on Biscayne Bay
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- South Florida Farmers Market Guide
- Summer Fun: A guide to outdoor sporting options in Miami this summer
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 28-30