Rumor Milling: Prime Fish, Gigi's for sale, Jeff McInnis back?
New year, new rumors
Cutting right to the chase, Myles Chefetz's latest seafood themed Prime installment, Prime Fish, is slated to open very soon in the space formerly, long ago known as Chefetz's Miami firstborn, Nemo.
Next up on the rumor docket, something's going down at Gigi's. Following an alleged bounced check, a Gigi staffer has allegedly applied for a new job in a different kitchen. Word is the place may be up for sale.
Finally, ex Yardbird chef Jeff McInnis has been said to be sniffing around South Beach, trying to open a new restaurant while waiting for his NYC restaurant to open.
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover