Rumor Milling: Prime Fish, Gigi's for sale, Jeff McInnis back?
New year, new rumors
Cutting right to the chase, Myles Chefetz's latest seafood themed Prime installment, Prime Fish, is slated to open very soon in the space formerly, long ago known as Chefetz's Miami firstborn, Nemo.
Next up on the rumor docket, something's going down at Gigi's. Following an alleged bounced check, a Gigi staffer has allegedly applied for a new job in a different kitchen. Word is the place may be up for sale.
Finally, ex Yardbird chef Jeff McInnis has been said to be sniffing around South Beach, trying to open a new restaurant while waiting for his NYC restaurant to open.
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF