Rumor Milling: Prime Fish, Gigi's for sale, Jeff McInnis back?
New year, new rumors
Cutting right to the chase, Myles Chefetz's latest seafood themed Prime installment, Prime Fish, is slated to open very soon in the space formerly, long ago known as Chefetz's Miami firstborn, Nemo.
Next up on the rumor docket, something's going down at Gigi's. Following an alleged bounced check, a Gigi staffer has allegedly applied for a new job in a different kitchen. Word is the place may be up for sale.
Finally, ex Yardbird chef Jeff McInnis has been said to be sniffing around South Beach, trying to open a new restaurant while waiting for his NYC restaurant to open.
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami