Rumor Mill: Van Dyke closing rumor resurfaces, Burger-Fi-cation, Foxhole's new restaurant & Eataly
Tis the season to be chatty
Let's start with what's confirmed: opening in the summer of 2014 in the space formerly known as China Grill is Siena Tavern, the Chicago-based Italian restaurant by Top Chef fave Fabio Viviani. How do we know? They told us on Twitter (h/t Christine G and The Chowfather).
Next up: the Burger-Fi-cation of Miami, with a new location opening soon across from Mansion at 1242 Washington Ave. and one in Coral Gables at 136 Miracle Mile.
Then there's the guys from Foxhole, who are opening an Asian restaurant, Drunken Dragon, at 1424 Alton Road in the former Latin supermarket space.
And while the aforementioned are all confirmed, out rears that pesky rumor that Van Dyke Cafe is turning into an Abercrombie & Fitch. Graspa Group spokesperson JennyLee Molina told us it's still not true, saying "Nay. Same rumor that has been around and back. They extended the lease for another 3 years. The owners changed about a year ago (Graspa leases but doesn't own building) and the rumor has continued to spread, but in 3 years all that can change, you know?"
This just in: South American restaurant Segundo Muelle is opening their first US location sometime in March 2014 at the Hotel St Michel in Coral Gables. Here's the menu, in Spanish, complete with pictures of dishes for those who don't speak the language.
Finally, that Eataly thing. Unfortunately the Eatalians have not replied to our request for comment, but Grub Street got hold of an Eataly manager who told them "We haven't signed any contract in Miami and I don't believe we are even remotely close to signing one."
- W South Beach Presents New W Speakerbox Concert Series
- Ultra Music Festival names retiring Miami Beach Police Chief Ray Martinez new security director
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 18 - 20
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April