The Rumor Mill: Michy's closing for "relaunch"
New menu allegedly to debut in October
Reliable sources tell us Michelle Bernstein is closing Michy's for a relaunch. A new menu will debut sometime in October. We contacted Brustman Carrino Public Relations, listed on Bernstein's website as her media peeps, and were told that they didn't think the chef has PR representation at the time. They led us to Bernstein's assistant, Amanda Ghetia, who has yet to return our requests for confirmation or denial.
In the meantime, at 6:30 p.m. on October 1 at Mercadito Chicago, Bernstein will be joining chef Patricio Sandoval and four other nationally renowned chefs to help fight child hunger. In conjunction with Mercadito's yearlong Tacos for Strength program, the dinner will also feature Chicago's Giuseppe Tentori, Rodelio Aglibot, Andrew Zimmerman and NYC's Julian Medina Toloache, who have been voted on as the Tacos for Strength fan favorites from the year.
Stay tuned for more details on Michy's as and if they become available.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai