The Rumor Mill: Michy's closing for "relaunch"
New menu allegedly to debut in October
Reliable sources tell us Michelle Bernstein is closing Michy's for a relaunch. A new menu will debut sometime in October. We contacted Brustman Carrino Public Relations, listed on Bernstein's website as her media peeps, and were told that they didn't think the chef has PR representation at the time. They led us to Bernstein's assistant, Amanda Ghetia, who has yet to return our requests for confirmation or denial.
In the meantime, at 6:30 p.m. on October 1 at Mercadito Chicago, Bernstein will be joining chef Patricio Sandoval and four other nationally renowned chefs to help fight child hunger. In conjunction with Mercadito's yearlong Tacos for Strength program, the dinner will also feature Chicago's Giuseppe Tentori, Rodelio Aglibot, Andrew Zimmerman and NYC's Julian Medina Toloache, who have been voted on as the Tacos for Strength fan favorites from the year.
Stay tuned for more details on Michy's as and if they become available.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer