The Rumor Mill: Michy's closing for "relaunch"
New menu allegedly to debut in October
Reliable sources tell us Michelle Bernstein is closing Michy's for a relaunch. A new menu will debut sometime in October. We contacted Brustman Carrino Public Relations, listed on Bernstein's website as her media peeps, and were told that they didn't think the chef has PR representation at the time. They led us to Bernstein's assistant, Amanda Ghetia, who has yet to return our requests for confirmation or denial.
In the meantime, at 6:30 p.m. on October 1 at Mercadito Chicago, Bernstein will be joining chef Patricio Sandoval and four other nationally renowned chefs to help fight child hunger. In conjunction with Mercadito's yearlong Tacos for Strength program, the dinner will also feature Chicago's Giuseppe Tentori, Rodelio Aglibot, Andrew Zimmerman and NYC's Julian Medina Toloache, who have been voted on as the Tacos for Strength fan favorites from the year.
Stay tuned for more details on Michy's as and if they become available.
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami