The Rumor Mill: Miami's Prelude by Barton G. at Arsht Center closing
Barton G.'s Arsht Center prix fixe closing after June 1.
Opening in October 2009 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Prelude by Barton G. is said to be having its final curtain call at the end of the week to coincide with the end of Evita's run there.
The prix fixe restaurant was event designer slash restaurateur Barton G. Weiss's second Dade restaurant, after his Miami Beach flagship, Barton G.
We contacted several reps for comment and are still awaiting an official word, but one inside source tells us, "Yep, it's done."
Update: Confirmed. We just received a statement from Suzette Espinosa Fuentes, the Arsht Center's Assistant Vice President of Public Relations, who told us, "We can confirm that, after six successful years, the Arsht Center and Performing Arts Catering by Barton G. have mutually decided to conclude our food and beverage partnership. As we wind down our eighth season, timing was right for both parties to bring this extraordinary collaboration to a close. Performing Arts Catering by Barton G. will continue to operate Prelude through June 1 (the date of the last performance of Evita).
The Arsht Center team strives to make the transition seamless beginning with the imminent selection of an interim concessionaire and catering provider over the summer. During this time, we will also actively engage in a search for a new food and beverage partner."
Weiss has also chimed in, saying "We leave with nothing but great respect for the Arsht Center, John Richard and his team. We will always be here to support their efforts whenever called upon to do so and wish the organization and team the very best. Miami is my home and this vibrant community and its philanthropic efforts will always remain a top priority As stewards of culinary artistry and enthusiasts of all art forms, we appreciate having the experience to partner with such a celebrated local organization for six wonderful years."
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria