The Rumor Mill: Miami's Prelude by Barton G. at Arsht Center closing
Barton G.'s Arsht Center prix fixe closing after June 1.
Opening in October 2009 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Prelude by Barton G. is said to be having its final curtain call at the end of the week to coincide with the end of Evita's run there.
The prix fixe restaurant was event designer slash restaurateur Barton G. Weiss's second Dade restaurant, after his Miami Beach flagship, Barton G.
We contacted several reps for comment and are still awaiting an official word, but one inside source tells us, "Yep, it's done."
Update: Confirmed. We just received a statement from Suzette Espinosa Fuentes, the Arsht Center's Assistant Vice President of Public Relations, who told us, "We can confirm that, after six successful years, the Arsht Center and Performing Arts Catering by Barton G. have mutually decided to conclude our food and beverage partnership. As we wind down our eighth season, timing was right for both parties to bring this extraordinary collaboration to a close. Performing Arts Catering by Barton G. will continue to operate Prelude through June 1 (the date of the last performance of Evita).
The Arsht Center team strives to make the transition seamless beginning with the imminent selection of an interim concessionaire and catering provider over the summer. During this time, we will also actively engage in a search for a new food and beverage partner."
Weiss has also chimed in, saying "We leave with nothing but great respect for the Arsht Center, John Richard and his team. We will always be here to support their efforts whenever called upon to do so and wish the organization and team the very best. Miami is my home and this vibrant community and its philanthropic efforts will always remain a top priority As stewards of culinary artistry and enthusiasts of all art forms, we appreciate having the experience to partner with such a celebrated local organization for six wonderful years."
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails coming to Hallandale Beach later this summer
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run