UPDATED! Rumor Mill: Joël Robuchon not opening restaurant in Miami (until 2016)
Most starred chef in the world isn't heading down here--yet.
With restaurants in Hong Kong, Las Vegas, London, Macau, Monaco, Paris, Taipei, and Tokyo, and a total of 28 Michelin stars, Joël Robuchon (that's pronounced Jo-ELLE) isn't exactly lacking in much except, perhaps, a restaurant in NYC and, say, Miami.
Out in the Twittersphere over the weekend, passionate foodista The Chowfather alluded to a rumor that Robuchon may be opening down here. Rumors have been swirling that Robuchon and Alain Ducasse are opening at the under-construction Brickell City Centre, a rumor propelled by Swire Properties, the builders of, yep, you guessed it.
If this writer's memory serves her correctly, Robuchon visited The Setai many, many years ago. But so what? We took to the officials to find out what the deal was and, alas, it's not happening--yet. "There is nothing definitive in Miami at this point," Robuchon's US rep told us. So that's that. For now. Stay tuned.
UPDATE, 4/23/15: According to a Women's Wear Daily article on the Design District, Robuchon is indeed opening not one, but three restaurants here--L'Atelier, La Boutique, La Terrace-- as is Jean Georges who is allegedly opening ABC Kitchen in the DD.
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"