UPDATED! Rumor Mill: Joël Robuchon not opening restaurant in Miami (until 2016)
Most starred chef in the world isn't heading down here--yet.
With restaurants in Hong Kong, Las Vegas, London, Macau, Monaco, Paris, Taipei, and Tokyo, and a total of 28 Michelin stars, Joël Robuchon (that's pronounced Jo-ELLE) isn't exactly lacking in much except, perhaps, a restaurant in NYC and, say, Miami.
Out in the Twittersphere over the weekend, passionate foodista The Chowfather alluded to a rumor that Robuchon may be opening down here. Rumors have been swirling that Robuchon and Alain Ducasse are opening at the under-construction Brickell City Centre, a rumor propelled by Swire Properties, the builders of, yep, you guessed it.
If this writer's memory serves her correctly, Robuchon visited The Setai many, many years ago. But so what? We took to the officials to find out what the deal was and, alas, it's not happening--yet. "There is nothing definitive in Miami at this point," Robuchon's US rep told us. So that's that. For now. Stay tuned.
UPDATE, 4/23/15: According to a Women's Wear Daily article on the Design District, Robuchon is indeed opening not one, but three restaurants here--L'Atelier, La Boutique, La Terrace-- as is Jean Georges who is allegedly opening ABC Kitchen in the DD.
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami