Rumor Mill: Joël Robuchon not opening restaurant in Miami
Most starred chef in the world isn't heading down here--yet.
With restaurants in Hong Kong, Las Vegas, London, Macau, Monaco, Paris, Taipei, and Tokyo, and a total of 28 Michelin stars, Joël Robuchon (that's pronounced Jo-ELLE) isn't exactly lacking in much except, perhaps, a restaurant in NYC and, say, Miami.
Out in the Twittersphere over the weekend, passionate foodista The Chowfather alluded to a rumor that Robuchon may be opening down here. Rumors have been swirling that Robuchon and Alain Ducasse are opening at the under-construction Brickell City Centre, a rumor propelled by Swire Properties, the builders of, yep, you guessed it.
If this writer's memory serves her correctly, Robuchon visited The Setai many, many years ago. But so what? We took to the officials to find out what the deal was and, alas, it's not happening--yet. "There is nothing definitive in Miami at this point," Robuchon's US rep told us. So that's that. For now. Stay tuned.
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton