UPDATED! Rumor Mill: Joël Robuchon not opening restaurant in Miami (until 2016)
Most starred chef in the world isn't heading down here--yet.
With restaurants in Hong Kong, Las Vegas, London, Macau, Monaco, Paris, Taipei, and Tokyo, and a total of 28 Michelin stars, Joël Robuchon (that's pronounced Jo-ELLE) isn't exactly lacking in much except, perhaps, a restaurant in NYC and, say, Miami.
Out in the Twittersphere over the weekend, passionate foodista The Chowfather alluded to a rumor that Robuchon may be opening down here. Rumors have been swirling that Robuchon and Alain Ducasse are opening at the under-construction Brickell City Centre, a rumor propelled by Swire Properties, the builders of, yep, you guessed it.
If this writer's memory serves her correctly, Robuchon visited The Setai many, many years ago. But so what? We took to the officials to find out what the deal was and, alas, it's not happening--yet. "There is nothing definitive in Miami at this point," Robuchon's US rep told us. So that's that. For now. Stay tuned.
UPDATE, 4/23/15: According to a Women's Wear Daily article on the Design District, Robuchon is indeed opening not one, but three restaurants here--L'Atelier, La Boutique, La Terrace-- as is Jean Georges who is allegedly opening ABC Kitchen in the DD.
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand