UPDATED! Rumor Mill: Joël Robuchon not opening restaurant in Miami (until 2016)
Most starred chef in the world isn't heading down here--yet.
With restaurants in Hong Kong, Las Vegas, London, Macau, Monaco, Paris, Taipei, and Tokyo, and a total of 28 Michelin stars, Joël Robuchon (that's pronounced Jo-ELLE) isn't exactly lacking in much except, perhaps, a restaurant in NYC and, say, Miami.
Out in the Twittersphere over the weekend, passionate foodista The Chowfather alluded to a rumor that Robuchon may be opening down here. Rumors have been swirling that Robuchon and Alain Ducasse are opening at the under-construction Brickell City Centre, a rumor propelled by Swire Properties, the builders of, yep, you guessed it.
If this writer's memory serves her correctly, Robuchon visited The Setai many, many years ago. But so what? We took to the officials to find out what the deal was and, alas, it's not happening--yet. "There is nothing definitive in Miami at this point," Robuchon's US rep told us. So that's that. For now. Stay tuned.
UPDATE, 4/23/15: According to a Women's Wear Daily article on the Design District, Robuchon is indeed opening not one, but three restaurants here--L'Atelier, La Boutique, La Terrace-- as is Jean Georges who is allegedly opening ABC Kitchen in the DD.
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami