UPDATED! Rumor Mill: Joël Robuchon not opening restaurant in Miami (until 2016)
Most starred chef in the world isn't heading down here--yet.
With restaurants in Hong Kong, Las Vegas, London, Macau, Monaco, Paris, Taipei, and Tokyo, and a total of 28 Michelin stars, Joël Robuchon (that's pronounced Jo-ELLE) isn't exactly lacking in much except, perhaps, a restaurant in NYC and, say, Miami.
Out in the Twittersphere over the weekend, passionate foodista The Chowfather alluded to a rumor that Robuchon may be opening down here. Rumors have been swirling that Robuchon and Alain Ducasse are opening at the under-construction Brickell City Centre, a rumor propelled by Swire Properties, the builders of, yep, you guessed it.
If this writer's memory serves her correctly, Robuchon visited The Setai many, many years ago. But so what? We took to the officials to find out what the deal was and, alas, it's not happening--yet. "There is nothing definitive in Miami at this point," Robuchon's US rep told us. So that's that. For now. Stay tuned.
UPDATE, 4/23/15: According to a Women's Wear Daily article on the Design District, Robuchon is indeed opening not one, but three restaurants here--L'Atelier, La Boutique, La Terrace-- as is Jean Georges who is allegedly opening ABC Kitchen in the DD.
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: Cypress Tavern cracks list of 2016's best-reviewed restaurants