The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
Batali/Bastianich high end Italian supergrocer rumored to be heading south
Eataly, the high end Italian grocer that, in NYC, is owned by a partnership including Mario Batali, Joe and Lidia Bastianich, is heading to Chicago (just opened today), Philadelphia and . . . Miami? Not so fast. But the awesome ExMiami blog reports that rumors of such at Brickell City Centre, the $1.05 billion mixed-use development currently under construction, are buzzing. We have contacted Eatalians and will report back with what we learn, if anything. Don't hold your breath on this one just yet. Now that we finally have a Trader Joe's (and remember how grueling that one was to confirm?) it only makes sense to move on to the next whet dream. We're fairweather like that. Or just overly anticipatory. Stay tuned.
Update 12/17/13: We finally heard back from the Eatalians, specifically, Cristina Villa, PR Manager for Eataly USA, who told us, "As of now we haven't signed anything in Miami, nor in any other city. We are definitely looking for location #3, but nothing is set in stone yet."
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage