The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
Batali/Bastianich high end Italian supergrocer rumored to be heading south
Eataly, the high end Italian grocer that, in NYC, is owned by a partnership including Mario Batali, Joe and Lidia Bastianich, is heading to Chicago (just opened today), Philadelphia and . . . Miami? Not so fast. But the awesome ExMiami blog reports that rumors of such at Brickell City Centre, the $1.05 billion mixed-use development currently under construction, are buzzing. We have contacted Eatalians and will report back with what we learn, if anything. Don't hold your breath on this one just yet. Now that we finally have a Trader Joe's (and remember how grueling that one was to confirm?) it only makes sense to move on to the next whet dream. We're fairweather like that. Or just overly anticipatory. Stay tuned.
Update 12/17/13: We finally heard back from the Eatalians, specifically, Cristina Villa, PR Manager for Eataly USA, who told us, "As of now we haven't signed anything in Miami, nor in any other city. We are definitely looking for location #3, but nothing is set in stone yet."
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai