The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
Batali/Bastianich high end Italian supergrocer rumored to be heading south
Eataly, the high end Italian grocer that, in NYC, is owned by a partnership including Mario Batali, Joe and Lidia Bastianich, is heading to Chicago (just opened today), Philadelphia and . . . Miami? Not so fast. But the awesome ExMiami blog reports that rumors of such at Brickell City Centre, the $1.05 billion mixed-use development currently under construction, are buzzing. We have contacted Eatalians and will report back with what we learn, if anything. Don't hold your breath on this one just yet. Now that we finally have a Trader Joe's (and remember how grueling that one was to confirm?) it only makes sense to move on to the next whet dream. We're fairweather like that. Or just overly anticipatory. Stay tuned.
Update 12/17/13: We finally heard back from the Eatalians, specifically, Cristina Villa, PR Manager for Eataly USA, who told us, "As of now we haven't signed anything in Miami, nor in any other city. We are definitely looking for location #3, but nothing is set in stone yet."
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"