The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
Batali/Bastianich high end Italian supergrocer rumored to be heading south
Eataly, the high end Italian grocer that, in NYC, is owned by a partnership including Mario Batali, Joe and Lidia Bastianich, is heading to Chicago (just opened today), Philadelphia and . . . Miami? Not so fast. But the awesome ExMiami blog reports that rumors of such at Brickell City Centre, the $1.05 billion mixed-use development currently under construction, are buzzing. We have contacted Eatalians and will report back with what we learn, if anything. Don't hold your breath on this one just yet. Now that we finally have a Trader Joe's (and remember how grueling that one was to confirm?) it only makes sense to move on to the next whet dream. We're fairweather like that. Or just overly anticipatory. Stay tuned.
Update 12/17/13: We finally heard back from the Eatalians, specifically, Cristina Villa, PR Manager for Eataly USA, who told us, "As of now we haven't signed anything in Miami, nor in any other city. We are definitely looking for location #3, but nothing is set in stone yet."
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot