The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
Batali/Bastianich high end Italian supergrocer rumored to be heading south
Eataly, the high end Italian grocer that, in NYC, is owned by a partnership including Mario Batali, Joe and Lidia Bastianich, is heading to Chicago (just opened today), Philadelphia and . . . Miami? Not so fast. But the awesome ExMiami blog reports that rumors of such at Brickell City Centre, the $1.05 billion mixed-use development currently under construction, are buzzing. We have contacted Eatalians and will report back with what we learn, if anything. Don't hold your breath on this one just yet. Now that we finally have a Trader Joe's (and remember how grueling that one was to confirm?) it only makes sense to move on to the next whet dream. We're fairweather like that. Or just overly anticipatory. Stay tuned.
Update 12/17/13: We finally heard back from the Eatalians, specifically, Cristina Villa, PR Manager for Eataly USA, who told us, "As of now we haven't signed anything in Miami, nor in any other city. We are definitely looking for location #3, but nothing is set in stone yet."
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March