As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
NYC/Sunny Isles Italian heading to SoBe & a chef kicked out of kitchen?
Let's get right to it. We heard that Il Mulino New York was taking over the space formerly known as Clarke's in the South of Fifth 'hood. The restaurant already attracts Miami's upper crusties at Acqualina in Sunny Isles, so why not capitalize on some solid (?) SoFi cash? A rep for Il Mulino says that, "We have been looking at spaces in the South Beach area but have not confirmed anything yet."
We also heard that a certain, popular Miami-based hotel chef may have been eighty sixed from his very own kitchen. While said chef denies the rumors and hasn't been officially fired, some sous spies say it's absolutely true and he remains only a figurehead in the kitchen, but an invisible one at best. Or worst. Hmmm.
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!