As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
NYC/Sunny Isles Italian heading to SoBe & a chef kicked out of kitchen?
Let's get right to it. We heard that Il Mulino New York was taking over the space formerly known as Clarke's in the South of Fifth 'hood. The restaurant already attracts Miami's upper crusties at Acqualina in Sunny Isles, so why not capitalize on some solid (?) SoFi cash? A rep for Il Mulino says that, "We have been looking at spaces in the South Beach area but have not confirmed anything yet."
We also heard that a certain, popular Miami-based hotel chef may have been eighty sixed from his very own kitchen. While said chef denies the rumors and hasn't been officially fired, some sous spies say it's absolutely true and he remains only a figurehead in the kitchen, but an invisible one at best. Or worst. Hmmm.
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown