As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
NYC/Sunny Isles Italian heading to SoBe & a chef kicked out of kitchen?
Let's get right to it. We heard that Il Mulino New York was taking over the space formerly known as Clarke's in the South of Fifth 'hood. The restaurant already attracts Miami's upper crusties at Acqualina in Sunny Isles, so why not capitalize on some solid (?) SoFi cash? A rep for Il Mulino says that, "We have been looking at spaces in the South Beach area but have not confirmed anything yet."
We also heard that a certain, popular Miami-based hotel chef may have been eighty sixed from his very own kitchen. While said chef denies the rumors and hasn't been officially fired, some sous spies say it's absolutely true and he remains only a figurehead in the kitchen, but an invisible one at best. Or worst. Hmmm.
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef
- Newly crowned Prince of Porc, Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, giving away free food Feb 20