As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
NYC/Sunny Isles Italian heading to SoBe & a chef kicked out of kitchen?
Let's get right to it. We heard that Il Mulino New York was taking over the space formerly known as Clarke's in the South of Fifth 'hood. The restaurant already attracts Miami's upper crusties at Acqualina in Sunny Isles, so why not capitalize on some solid (?) SoFi cash? A rep for Il Mulino says that, "We have been looking at spaces in the South Beach area but have not confirmed anything yet."
We also heard that a certain, popular Miami-based hotel chef may have been eighty sixed from his very own kitchen. While said chef denies the rumors and hasn't been officially fired, some sous spies say it's absolutely true and he remains only a figurehead in the kitchen, but an invisible one at best. Or worst. Hmmm.
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?