Rum-ble at the Ritz
Ron Abuelo and Ron Jumbie challenge Miami’s mixologists in a rum cocktail showdown.
RUMBAR at The Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne
455 Grand Bay Drive, Key Biscayne, FL
Cool cocktails and healthy competition? You get it all when the Big Apple takes on the Magic City on Thursday, Oct. 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the first-ever Ron Abuelo and Rum Jumbie Mixology contest at RUMBAR in the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne.
At the event, Ron Abuelo and Rum Jumbie competition winner Paolo Votano of Bocca di Bacco flies in from New York City to face-off against some of Miami’s hottest bartenders in an effort to find out which one, and which city, has top cocktail brewing skills. Making the event more challenging, each mixologist has 15 minutes to handcraft two recipes using Ron Abuelo Añejo, a premium Panamanian rum, and Rum Jumbie Splash, St. Marteen’s top flavored rum. A panel of experts will judge the resulting cocktails and the winner will earn the title of Top Rum Mixologist and receive an all-expense paid trip to Panama to visit the Varela Hermanos distillery.
Competing local bartenders are from RUMBAR, Plunge at Gansevoort South Beach, the Living Room Bar at W South Beach, 8 oz. Burger Bar, The Setai, The Florida Room and The Delano, amongst others. Stick around and enjoy an after-party with sounds from RUMBAR’s four-piece resident band. There’s no cover charge and a cash bar will be available.
Tip: get there early. Seating is limited and this will definitely be a top cocktail soiree.
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 22- 24
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem