Rum-ble at the Ritz
Ron Abuelo and Ron Jumbie challenge Miami’s mixologists in a rum cocktail showdown.
RUMBAR at The Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne
455 Grand Bay Drive, Key Biscayne, FL
Cool cocktails and healthy competition? You get it all when the Big Apple takes on the Magic City on Thursday, Oct. 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the first-ever Ron Abuelo and Rum Jumbie Mixology contest at RUMBAR in the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne.
At the event, Ron Abuelo and Rum Jumbie competition winner Paolo Votano of Bocca di Bacco flies in from New York City to face-off against some of Miami’s hottest bartenders in an effort to find out which one, and which city, has top cocktail brewing skills. Making the event more challenging, each mixologist has 15 minutes to handcraft two recipes using Ron Abuelo Añejo, a premium Panamanian rum, and Rum Jumbie Splash, St. Marteen’s top flavored rum. A panel of experts will judge the resulting cocktails and the winner will earn the title of Top Rum Mixologist and receive an all-expense paid trip to Panama to visit the Varela Hermanos distillery.
Competing local bartenders are from RUMBAR, Plunge at Gansevoort South Beach, the Living Room Bar at W South Beach, 8 oz. Burger Bar, The Setai, The Florida Room and The Delano, amongst others. Stick around and enjoy an after-party with sounds from RUMBAR’s four-piece resident band. There’s no cover charge and a cash bar will be available.
Tip: get there early. Seating is limited and this will definitely be a top cocktail soiree.
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 25-27
- Florida band Anberlin says goodbye at Vans Warped Tour
- Mad Decent Block Party tour kicks off in Fort Lauderdale
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach