Clink: Rubi Rey Rum
That Caribbean vacation may still be a couple months away, but start practicing island loafing early with these Rubi Rey drinks.
By Aurora Rodriguez
That Caribbean vacation may still be a couple months away, but start practicing island loafing early with a Rubi Rey Rum drink. The original single barrel-finished white rum from northern Puerto Rico is smooth enough to have on the rocks, but adventurous enough to mix into cocktails. And who doesn't like to feel like they're sipping something delicious under the sun?
Drunken Coconut Key Lime Martini
Muddle 3 key limes into the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice. Add 2.5 ounces of Rubi Rey Rum, 1 ounce of Coco Lopez, 2 ounces of pineapple juice and 3 drops of vanilla extract. Shake and pour into a martini glass; garnish with coconut shavings.
Rubi Rey Stingray
Add 1.5 parts Rubi Rey Rum, 1 part passion fruit juice, 1/2 part orange curacao and 2 parts fresh sour into a cocktail shaker. Shake all ingredients with ice. Strain into tall glass filled with ice; garnish with a pineapple leaf.
Rubi Rey Del Sol
Add 1.5 parts Rubi Rey(TM) Rum, 1/2 parts triple sec, 2 parts fresh sour mix into a cocktail shaker. Squeeze in half a lime. Shake all ingredients with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass rimmed with salt and sugar. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Rubi Rey cocktails are $10 at Andu Restaurant and Lounge, 141 SW 7th St.; Brickell;786-871-7005.
- Radio Bar in South Beach hosts complimentary monthly mixology classes
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour