Rubblebucket descends upon Miami on Oct. 26
Brooklyn hipster collective Rubblebucket comes to Bardot Oct. 26.
Oct. 26 at 10 p.m. at Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami
$12-$15; doors open at 10 p.m.
Miami is a world-class destination for the musical genres of electronic dance and Latin pop, rock and jazz. But sometimes the Magic City falls short of other major U.S. cities in its ability to draw cutting-edge bands, groups that set the world abuzz with their innovative, fresh sounds.
Rubblebucket is one such band. And it's headed for the super-cool club Bardot.
So why should uninitiated indie-rock music fans care about this eight-piece group of hipsters from Brooklyn? They've got it all - a quirky female lead singer (Kalmia Traver) who channels Bjork's unexpected vocal volatility and delightful melodic sense; tight, uplifting songwriting that falls somewhere in between the happy, insouciant Afro-centric rhythmic sense of the Talking Heads and Vampire Weekend; a horn section that's not afraid to crowd-surf, if you can picture that; rampant whistling (no, that's a good thing in this case); dancing robot puppets; a mind-blowing light show; random French lyrics; and producers who boast LCD Soundsystem and Fleet Foxes among their clients.
Does it get any cooler than that? Nope.
Check out Rubblebucket, which storms the stage in support of its new EP, "Oversaturated," on Oct. 26 at Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami; www.bardotmiami.com; $12-$15; doors open at 10 p.m.
Music in Miami
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Rec Room Turns Up with DJ Craze Friday, May 15
- Win Tickets to See andhim at Treehouse on Thursday, May 14
- Rico Love Launches New Album at E11EVEN Wednesday, May 13
- Serge Devant Talks Club Culture in the U.S.
- Action Bronson Takes Tour to Grand Central on Friday, May 8
- Kölsch takes over Treehouse Friday, May 8
- Indie-rock heroes The Pixies reassemble to perform at SunFest
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture hosts Serge Devant April 24
- Samo Sound Boy celebrates album release at Bardot on May 2