Rubblebucket descends upon Miami on Oct. 26
Brooklyn hipster collective Rubblebucket comes to Bardot Oct. 26.
Miami is a world-class destination for the musical genres of electronic dance and Latin pop, rock and jazz. But sometimes the Magic City falls short of other major U.S. cities in its ability to draw cutting-edge bands, groups that set the world abuzz with their innovative, fresh sounds.
Rubblebucket is one such band. And it's headed for the super-cool club Bardot.
So why should uninitiated indie-rock music fans care about this eight-piece group of hipsters from Brooklyn? They've got it all - a quirky female lead singer (Kalmia Traver) who channels Bjork's unexpected vocal volatility and delightful melodic sense; tight, uplifting songwriting that falls somewhere in between the happy, insouciant Afro-centric rhythmic sense of the Talking Heads and Vampire Weekend; a horn section that's not afraid to crowd-surf, if you can picture that; rampant whistling (no, that's a good thing in this case); dancing robot puppets; a mind-blowing light show; random French lyrics; and producers who boast LCD Soundsystem and Fleet Foxes among their clients.
Does it get any cooler than that? Nope.
Check out Rubblebucket, which storms the stage in support of its new EP, "Oversaturated," on Oct. 26 at Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami; www.bardotmiami.com; $12-$15; doors open at 10 p.m.
Oct. 26 at 10 p.m. at Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami
$12-$15; doors open at 10 p.m.
Music in Miami
- After Haitian konpa band CaRiMi broke up, Richard Cave started fresh in South Florida
- Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne on their wild shows: 'Something like a Walt Disney cartoon meets Led Zeppelin'
- The Flaming Lips in Miami for House of Creatives Music Festival at the North Beach Bandshell
- Boy George performs in Miami weeks before his debut on 'The New Celebrity Apprentice'
- SunGhosts to perform at VetFest 2016, a concert dedicated to veterans
- Red Hot Chili Peppers coming to Miami
- R.E.M. bassist Mike Mills blurs the boundaries between rock and classical music
- Cee-Lo Green headlines the Adrienne Arsht Center's 10th Anniversary Concert
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida