Rubblebucket descends upon Miami on Oct. 26
Brooklyn hipster collective Rubblebucket comes to Bardot Oct. 26.
Oct. 26 at 10 p.m. at Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami
$12-$15; doors open at 10 p.m.
Miami is a world-class destination for the musical genres of electronic dance and Latin pop, rock and jazz. But sometimes the Magic City falls short of other major U.S. cities in its ability to draw cutting-edge bands, groups that set the world abuzz with their innovative, fresh sounds.
Rubblebucket is one such band. And it's headed for the super-cool club Bardot.
So why should uninitiated indie-rock music fans care about this eight-piece group of hipsters from Brooklyn? They've got it all - a quirky female lead singer (Kalmia Traver) who channels Bjork's unexpected vocal volatility and delightful melodic sense; tight, uplifting songwriting that falls somewhere in between the happy, insouciant Afro-centric rhythmic sense of the Talking Heads and Vampire Weekend; a horn section that's not afraid to crowd-surf, if you can picture that; rampant whistling (no, that's a good thing in this case); dancing robot puppets; a mind-blowing light show; random French lyrics; and producers who boast LCD Soundsystem and Fleet Foxes among their clients.
Does it get any cooler than that? Nope.
Check out Rubblebucket, which storms the stage in support of its new EP, "Oversaturated," on Oct. 26 at Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami; www.bardotmiami.com; $12-$15; doors open at 10 p.m.
Music in Miami
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis play Fillmore Miami Beach on Jan. 19
- Nick Jonas heads to Miami to perform sexy R&B hits
- Lazy Sunday takes on a new meaning with Fool's Gold Day Off music event
- Dweezil Zappa honors his father's legacy in South Florida concert
- Rick Springfield brings tour to South Florida
- Amtrac Takes Over Basement This Friday, August 28
- The Mowgli’s play two free pop-up sets on Miami Beach on Monday
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure