Route 9 owners heading onto Key Biscayne via Exit 1
American-style cuisine with Mediterranean and Italian influence on Key Biscayne
1121 Crandon Blvd.
Route 9's expansion to Key Biscayne is moving along a lot faster than the Rickenbacker toll traffic on a sunny day. Exit 1 has rapidly received its permits to open, something completely uncharacteristic of Miami, but since this was a turnkey operation, not surprising. Exit 1 will offer American-style cuisine with Mediterranean and Italian influence. And despite its location in a private condo, the restaurant will be open to the public sometime around July 4 starting with dinner and eventually expanding to lunch, brunch, happy hours, food and wine classes, guest chef meals and more.
"We plan on having a major impact on the Key Biscayne dining scene from day one," owner Jeremy Goldberg told us. As for chefs, they were eyeing the California-bound Joel Huff, and are currently speaking some other candidates with whom they'll be doing some upcoming trial dinners" to find the right person to run the kitchen."
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more
- Giorgio Rapicavoli’s Taperia Raca sold, closed