Route 9 owners heading onto Key Biscayne via Exit 1
American-style cuisine with Mediterranean and Italian influence on Key Biscayne
1121 Crandon Blvd.
Route 9's expansion to Key Biscayne is moving along a lot faster than the Rickenbacker toll traffic on a sunny day. Exit 1 has rapidly received its permits to open, something completely uncharacteristic of Miami, but since this was a turnkey operation, not surprising. Exit 1 will offer American-style cuisine with Mediterranean and Italian influence. And despite its location in a private condo, the restaurant will be open to the public sometime around July 4 starting with dinner and eventually expanding to lunch, brunch, happy hours, food and wine classes, guest chef meals and more.
"We plan on having a major impact on the Key Biscayne dining scene from day one," owner Jeremy Goldberg told us. As for chefs, they were eyeing the California-bound Joel Huff, and are currently speaking some other candidates with whom they'll be doing some upcoming trial dinners" to find the right person to run the kitchen."
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF