Route 9 owners heading onto Key Biscayne via Exit 1
American-style cuisine with Mediterranean and Italian influence on Key Biscayne
1121 Crandon Blvd.
Route 9's expansion to Key Biscayne is moving along a lot faster than the Rickenbacker toll traffic on a sunny day. Exit 1 has rapidly received its permits to open, something completely uncharacteristic of Miami, but since this was a turnkey operation, not surprising. Exit 1 will offer American-style cuisine with Mediterranean and Italian influence. And despite its location in a private condo, the restaurant will be open to the public sometime around July 4 starting with dinner and eventually expanding to lunch, brunch, happy hours, food and wine classes, guest chef meals and more.
"We plan on having a major impact on the Key Biscayne dining scene from day one," owner Jeremy Goldberg told us. As for chefs, they were eyeing the California-bound Joel Huff, and are currently speaking some other candidates with whom they'll be doing some upcoming trial dinners" to find the right person to run the kitchen."
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami