Route 9 owners heading onto Key Biscayne via Exit 1
American-style cuisine with Mediterranean and Italian influence on Key Biscayne
Route 9's expansion to Key Biscayne is moving along a lot faster than the Rickenbacker toll traffic on a sunny day. Exit 1 has rapidly received its permits to open, something completely uncharacteristic of Miami, but since this was a turnkey operation, not surprising. Exit 1 will offer American-style cuisine with Mediterranean and Italian influence. And despite its location in a private condo, the restaurant will be open to the public sometime around July 4 starting with dinner and eventually expanding to lunch, brunch, happy hours, food and wine classes, guest chef meals and more.
"We plan on having a major impact on the Key Biscayne dining scene from day one," owner Jeremy Goldberg told us. As for chefs, they were eyeing the California-bound Joel Huff, and are currently speaking some other candidates with whom they'll be doing some upcoming trial dinners" to find the right person to run the kitchen."
1121 Crandon Blvd.
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years