Ross 'The Intern' Mathews appears at the Colony Theatre
Of Tonight Show fame
Ross the Intern has gone from unpaid Tonight Show outsider to star author and show-biz insider. Tuesday night he arrives at the Colony Theatre in South Beach. “It’s a one-man show — lights, sound effects, images, a game show with the audience,” says Ross Mathews, who’s on tour promoting his new book, Man Up! Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence. “We do some pop culture stuff at the top. Then I bring some stories to life and tell some stories that are not in the book. We get a little blue, so if you bring your grandma, get her a little drunk.”
Following each performance, Mathews meets his public. “I stay afterward and sign every book and take every picture.” Mathews says that the last time he and partner Salvador Camarena were in Miami “we had the most amazing time,” going to Washington Avenue gay bar Twist every night and dining with Gloria and Emilio Estefan. “Could it get any better?” he says. They currently are dads to a maltipoo and a Chihuahua. “We’re going to have children, we’re going to get married. I’m very traditional. Let’s get married first, then have children.”
Ross Mathews appears 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; $38.50; 800-745-3000 or ticketmaster.com.
On Our Radar
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested