Rosie O Donnell wants Olivia Newton John's house
Both costarred in Grease
t’s a bi-county Grease reunion: Miami Beach’s Rizzo is buying Sandy’s Palm Beach County house. Ex-TV talker Rosie O’Donnell, who played Rizzo in the 1994 Broadway revival of Grease, has a contract to buy the home of singer Olivia Newton-John, who played Sandy in the classic 1978 movie. Real estate sources are telling Gossip Extra that O’Donnell and her wife, Michelle Rounds, are having the tropical compound in Jupiter Inlet Colony, just north of West Palm Beach, inspected. The deed could be signed over within two weeks. Purchase price: $5.6 million, about $500,000 less than what Aussie Newton-John was asking. Said John Easterling, Newton-John’s husband: “Nothing’s done until it’s signed, sealed and delivered.” It’s expected to be a cash transaction since O’Donnell is flush with $12.6 million from the June sale of her Star Island mansion. O’Donnell owned 43 Star Island since 1999, according to records, and was often spotted fishing from the dock or jet-skiing in the bay. The former co-host of The View started looking for a buyer in early 2012. Word is O’Donnell and Rounds didn’t set out to own another South Florida property. They were shopping for a small place for Rounds’ mother when they were shown Newton-John’s fully renovated crib and “just fell in love with it,” a source close to the deal said.
On Our Radar
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie