`Roommate' opens big
The college thriller The Roommate has moved into the top spot at the box office with a $15.6 million debut during a typically slow Super Bowl weekend in which the National Football League champi...
The college thriller The Roommate has moved into the top spot at the box office with a $15.6 million debut during a typically slow Super Bowl weekend in which the National Football League championship game preoccupies movie fans.
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com:
1. The Roommate, $15.6 million.
2. Sanctum, $9.2 million.
3. No Strings Attached, $8.4 million.
4. The King's Speech, $8.3 million.
5. The Green Hornet, $6.1 million.
6. The Rite, $5.6 million.
7. The Mechanic, $5.4 million.
8. True Grit, $4.8 million.
9. The Dilemma, $3.5 million.
10. Black Swan, $3.4 million.
On Our Radar
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference
- Shaq to host Barry University bash
- Cindy Crawford in town for new book
- Miami Marlins VIPs focus on wellness
- Alex Rodriguez buys pricey condo
- Eberjey joins bra drive, gives discounts during October.
- Miami Heat's Amar's Stoudemire feted at The Forge