`Roommate' opens big
The college thriller The Roommate has moved into the top spot at the box office with a $15.6 million debut during a typically slow Super Bowl weekend in which the National Football League champi...
The college thriller The Roommate has moved into the top spot at the box office with a $15.6 million debut during a typically slow Super Bowl weekend in which the National Football League championship game preoccupies movie fans.
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com:
1. The Roommate, $15.6 million.
2. Sanctum, $9.2 million.
3. No Strings Attached, $8.4 million.
4. The King's Speech, $8.3 million.
5. The Green Hornet, $6.1 million.
6. The Rite, $5.6 million.
7. The Mechanic, $5.4 million.
8. True Grit, $4.8 million.
9. The Dilemma, $3.5 million.
10. Black Swan, $3.4 million.
On Our Radar
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video
- Lucie Arnaz to pay homage to her father Desi Arnaz
- Sting to play The Fillmore