`Roommate' opens big
The college thriller The Roommate has moved into the top spot at the box office with a $15.6 million debut during a typically slow Super Bowl weekend in which the National Football League champi...
The college thriller The Roommate has moved into the top spot at the box office with a $15.6 million debut during a typically slow Super Bowl weekend in which the National Football League championship game preoccupies movie fans.
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com:
1. The Roommate, $15.6 million.
2. Sanctum, $9.2 million.
3. No Strings Attached, $8.4 million.
4. The King's Speech, $8.3 million.
5. The Green Hornet, $6.1 million.
6. The Rite, $5.6 million.
7. The Mechanic, $5.4 million.
8. True Grit, $4.8 million.
9. The Dilemma, $3.5 million.
10. Black Swan, $3.4 million.
On Our Radar
- Melissa Etheridge to play Pompano Beach Friday night
- Arango store back open for business
- FKA Twigs arriving for YoungArts concert
- Arms closed shut? Scott Stapp's wife files for divorce
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak