`Roommate' opens big
The college thriller The Roommate has moved into the top spot at the box office with a $15.6 million debut during a typically slow Super Bowl weekend in which the National Football League champi...
The college thriller The Roommate has moved into the top spot at the box office with a $15.6 million debut during a typically slow Super Bowl weekend in which the National Football League championship game preoccupies movie fans.
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com:
1. The Roommate, $15.6 million.
2. Sanctum, $9.2 million.
3. No Strings Attached, $8.4 million.
4. The King's Speech, $8.3 million.
5. The Green Hornet, $6.1 million.
6. The Rite, $5.6 million.
7. The Mechanic, $5.4 million.
8. True Grit, $4.8 million.
9. The Dilemma, $3.5 million.
10. Black Swan, $3.4 million.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails