Romeo & Juliet
Take notes, Edward and Bella - Romeo and Juliet will tell you how impossible love stories really end.
Ground Up & Rising's Romeo and Juliet
Feb. 12-13 at 3 p.m.
Flamingo Park, 12th St. and Meridian, Miami Beach
What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day then to watch a performance of one of history's greatest and most tragic love stories? This weekend Miami Beach Arts in the Parks hosts a performance of Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet by Ground Up & Rising , a local theater and film organization that strives to bring the arts to underserved communities.
The shows are free and take place Saturday and Sunday, February 12 and 13 at 3 p.m. Flamingo Park, Meridian and 12 St. in Miami Beach.
See and Do
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Hard times hit the American Dream in Zoetic Stage’s ‘Detroit’
- Chile’s Teatro en el Blanco comes to the OnStage Black Box
- ‘Cinderella’ at the Arsht Center: a delightful makeover
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15