Romeo & Juliet
Take notes, Edward and Bella - Romeo and Juliet will tell you how impossible love stories really end.
Ground Up & Rising's Romeo and Juliet
Feb. 12-13 at 3 p.m.
Flamingo Park, 12th St. and Meridian, Miami Beach
What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day then to watch a performance of one of history's greatest and most tragic love stories? This weekend Miami Beach Arts in the Parks hosts a performance of Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet by Ground Up & Rising , a local theater and film organization that strives to bring the arts to underserved communities.
The shows are free and take place Saturday and Sunday, February 12 and 13 at 3 p.m. Flamingo Park, Meridian and 12 St. in Miami Beach.
See and Do
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- City Theatre’s Summer Shorts parlays brevity into longevity
- Area Stage’s ‘[title of show]’ proves a meta musical charmer