Romeo & Juliet
Take notes, Edward and Bella - Romeo and Juliet will tell you how impossible love stories really end.
Ground Up & Rising's Romeo and Juliet
Feb. 12-13 at 3 p.m.
Flamingo Park, 12th St. and Meridian, Miami Beach
What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day then to watch a performance of one of history's greatest and most tragic love stories? This weekend Miami Beach Arts in the Parks hosts a performance of Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet by Ground Up & Rising , a local theater and film organization that strives to bring the arts to underserved communities.
The shows are free and take place Saturday and Sunday, February 12 and 13 at 3 p.m. Flamingo Park, Meridian and 12 St. in Miami Beach.
See and Do
- ‘Once’ takes its rapt audience on a delicate, music-filled journey
- Zoetic Stage aims for a hit with ‘Assassins’
- 'Wizard of Oz' lands at the Broward Center
- ‘Antony and Cleopatra’ gets a visceral Haitian makeover
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- 'Book of Mormon' delivers at Broward Center
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ examines honor and secrets
- Pilobolus performs at Arsht Center Friday and Saturday
- Mad Cat’s ‘Blow Me’ undresses fashion icon Isabella Blow
- 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' makes a pit stop in Miami