Romeo & Juliet
Take notes, Edward and Bella - Romeo and Juliet will tell you how impossible love stories really end.
Ground Up & Rising's Romeo and Juliet
Feb. 12-13 at 3 p.m.
Flamingo Park, 12th St. and Meridian, Miami Beach
What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day then to watch a performance of one of history's greatest and most tragic love stories? This weekend Miami Beach Arts in the Parks hosts a performance of Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet by Ground Up & Rising , a local theater and film organization that strives to bring the arts to underserved communities.
The shows are free and take place Saturday and Sunday, February 12 and 13 at 3 p.m. Flamingo Park, Meridian and 12 St. in Miami Beach.
See and Do
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- City Theatre’s Summer Shorts parlays brevity into longevity
- Area Stage’s ‘[title of show]’ proves a meta musical charmer
- Christopher Durang samples Anton Chekhov in ‘Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike’
- Fitzgerald and Hemingway collide in ‘Scott and Hem’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Blue Man Group brings bits old and new to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Mysterious ‘Water’ examines boundaries of tolerance in Miami Theater Center play premiere
- Chicago’s House Theatre returns to the Arsht Center with ‘Rose and the Rime’
- Seven decades of life in Little Havana unfold in ‘Paradise Motel’