Romance In A Can Kick Off
Celebrate five years of the Romance In A Can Film Festival at the Angler's.
Ever seen one of those films where a girl meets a boy, they hate each other, then are forced to hang out with each other, then they start to like each other, then he does something awful and then at the end someone runs through an airport? That description of the the romantic comedy (courtesy of Saturday Night Live) summarizes the plot of the lion's share of Hollywood's attempts at narrating the intricacies of the male/female encounter to the big screen.
How do they do it in Europe? The "Romance In A Can" Film Festival comes to Miami to show us. The five day series, held May 5-10, brings a bounty of the finest European romance films that you have probably never heard of, but may be worth a watch if you are tired of movies that end with people running through airports.
This Thursday celebrate at the 5th Anniversary Party of the Romance in a Can foreign film festival The event is $15 and it will be held at Angler’s Boutique Resort at 7 p.m. Guests will enjoy champagne, hors d’oeuvres and screenings of international shorts that will get them warmed up for May's upcoming festival.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship