Romance in a Can Film Festival
Festival highlights European films about love.
“Romance In A Can” Film Festival is back for the sixth year, bringing first-run foreign feature films to American audiences. This year the festival runs from May 5-10 and will showcase its film program at various South Florida locations including the Colony Theater, Miami Beach Cinematheque, Miami Beach High School, Alliance Francaise, Coral Gables Art Cinema and Florida International University’s Modesto A. Maidique Campus.
The festival will include "With Love...From the Age of Reason," a French romantic comedy about a successful business woman who receives letters she penned to herself at age seven; Hungarian film "Bibliotheque Pascal," about a single mom who struggles to get her daughter back from child protective custody; and "Hello, How Are You?" about a married couple whose sex life has all but vanished. Also, the Association for the Distribution of Independent Cinema selections for the 2010 Cannes Film Festival will be presented, which includes nine acclaimed international full-length films such as "Into Our Hands," "Cuchillo De Palo," "Donoma," "Fix Me," "Flowers of Evil," "Chicks," "Pursuit," "Robert Mitchum is Dead" and "The Drifter."
Ticket prices vary from $8-$12 depending on venue. For a complete screening schedule, please visit: www.romanceinacan.com.
See and Do
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Freebie fun, Thanksgiving parties & Book Fair tips: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Nov 17-21
- Mike Birbiglia, the master of long-form levity, heads to the Arsht Center on Nov. 20
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 14-16
- ‘This American Life’ creator Ira Glass does mash-up with modern dancers to open Book Fair
- Book Fair fun, freebies & parades: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week