Romance in a Can Film Festival
Festival highlights European films about love.
“Romance In A Can” Film Festival is back for the sixth year, bringing first-run foreign feature films to American audiences. This year the festival runs from May 5-10 and will showcase its film program at various South Florida locations including the Colony Theater, Miami Beach Cinematheque, Miami Beach High School, Alliance Francaise, Coral Gables Art Cinema and Florida International University’s Modesto A. Maidique Campus.
The festival will include "With Love...From the Age of Reason," a French romantic comedy about a successful business woman who receives letters she penned to herself at age seven; Hungarian film "Bibliotheque Pascal," about a single mom who struggles to get her daughter back from child protective custody; and "Hello, How Are You?" about a married couple whose sex life has all but vanished. Also, the Association for the Distribution of Independent Cinema selections for the 2010 Cannes Film Festival will be presented, which includes nine acclaimed international full-length films such as "Into Our Hands," "Cuchillo De Palo," "Donoma," "Fix Me," "Flowers of Evil," "Chicks," "Pursuit," "Robert Mitchum is Dead" and "The Drifter."
Ticket prices vary from $8-$12 depending on venue. For a complete screening schedule, please visit: www.romanceinacan.com.
See and Do
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie