Romance in a Can Film Festival
Festival highlights European films about love.
“Romance In A Can” Film Festival is back for the sixth year, bringing first-run foreign feature films to American audiences. This year the festival runs from May 5-10 and will showcase its film program at various South Florida locations including the Colony Theater, Miami Beach Cinematheque, Miami Beach High School, Alliance Francaise, Coral Gables Art Cinema and Florida International University’s Modesto A. Maidique Campus.
The festival will include "With Love...From the Age of Reason," a French romantic comedy about a successful business woman who receives letters she penned to herself at age seven; Hungarian film "Bibliotheque Pascal," about a single mom who struggles to get her daughter back from child protective custody; and "Hello, How Are You?" about a married couple whose sex life has all but vanished. Also, the Association for the Distribution of Independent Cinema selections for the 2010 Cannes Film Festival will be presented, which includes nine acclaimed international full-length films such as "Into Our Hands," "Cuchillo De Palo," "Donoma," "Fix Me," "Flowers of Evil," "Chicks," "Pursuit," "Robert Mitchum is Dead" and "The Drifter."
Ticket prices vary from $8-$12 depending on venue. For a complete screening schedule, please visit: www.romanceinacan.com.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so