Romance in a Can Film Festival
Festival highlights European films about love.
“Romance In A Can” Film Festival is back for the sixth year, bringing first-run foreign feature films to American audiences. This year the festival runs from May 5-10 and will showcase its film program at various South Florida locations including the Colony Theater, Miami Beach Cinematheque, Miami Beach High School, Alliance Francaise, Coral Gables Art Cinema and Florida International University’s Modesto A. Maidique Campus.
The festival will include "With Love...From the Age of Reason," a French romantic comedy about a successful business woman who receives letters she penned to herself at age seven; Hungarian film "Bibliotheque Pascal," about a single mom who struggles to get her daughter back from child protective custody; and "Hello, How Are You?" about a married couple whose sex life has all but vanished. Also, the Association for the Distribution of Independent Cinema selections for the 2010 Cannes Film Festival will be presented, which includes nine acclaimed international full-length films such as "Into Our Hands," "Cuchillo De Palo," "Donoma," "Fix Me," "Flowers of Evil," "Chicks," "Pursuit," "Robert Mitchum is Dead" and "The Drifter."
Ticket prices vary from $8-$12 depending on venue. For a complete screening schedule, please visit: www.romanceinacan.com.
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'
- Concerts usher in the musical sounds of the new season