Rolling Stone names LIV and Electric Pickle two of the best dance clubs in America
Rolling Stone magazine has named LIV at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach and Electric Pickle in Midtown Miami as two of the best clubs in the country according to a panel of nightlife experts.
Further proving that Miami is the party capital of the world, Rolling Stone magazine has named LIV in Miami Beach and Electric Pickle in Midtown Miami as two of the best dance clubs in America.
Electric Pickle, which opened in 2009, has been entertaining Miami's most discerning hipsters at this low-key space. This spot helped put the Midtown and the neighboring Wynwood Arts district on the map as a spot to get away from the intense South Beach party scene. The Pickle has hosted acclaimed DJs like Matthew Dear, James Holden and Tiga to play legendary sets at this intimate spot.
LIV, located at the historic Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel, took Miami's nightlife scene by storm when it first opened in 2008 and has achieved worldwide recognition as one of the top clubs anywhere. This is where the world's biggest DJs come to play in Miami, including acts like Calvin Harris, Deadmau5 and Paul Oakenfold. This is also a must-see destination for visiting celebrities and big spenders looking to drop big bucks on bottle service.
The list was compiled by 23 nightlife experts including world-reknown DJs, talent agents, promoters and managers. Other nightclubs on the list include XS in Las Vegas, Sound in Los Angeles and Cielo in New York.
To find out who else made the list, click here.
- Phase 1 of Ultra 2014 lineup announced
- Velvet Underground: Jewish singles unite on Christmas Eve, hip hop heads south from Nashville, OTC launches happy hour in Brickell
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 20 - 22
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 13 - 15
- Velvet Underground: The Cabaret South Beach opens this week, watch Olivia Newton John's Xanadu outdoors at the New World Center's SoundScape, and Jingle Bell Rock takes over Tobacco Road
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Boy George takes over Miami for Art Basel
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 6 - 8
- Velvet Underground: The SLS retrofits iconic 'rubber ducky' for Art Basel, Chris Willis performs at the Eden Roc, and let it snow in Brickell
- Top live music events during Art Basel 2013