Roger Daltrey will perform sets from The Who
Big rock news out of the Port of Miami. On April 2, 2014, Roger Daltrey will be performing full-blown sets from The Who with a touring band including Simon Townshend, Pete's brother on guitar, on The Moody Blues cruise aboard the MSC Divina from Miami to Nassau and Grand Turk. This isn't the first time Daltrey has strolled up the gangway: he took part in a songwriting class on the Queen Mary 2 in 2011. Joining Daltrey and The Moody Blues for the sailing are The Zombies, The Orchestra (starring ELO), Starship, The Strawbs, Little River Band, Joe Williams of Toto, Glass Hammer, Sound of Contact featuring Simon Collins (Phil Collins’ son), Danny Vaughn performing the music of the Eagles, The Prog Rock Orchestra, Heavy Mellow, Mellow Yellow and Cheap Thrill. Fares start at $999 per person. For more information, go to moodiescruise.com.
On Our Radar
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture