Roger Daltrey will perform sets from The Who
Big rock news out of the Port of Miami. On April 2, 2014, Roger Daltrey will be performing full-blown sets from The Who with a touring band including Simon Townshend, Pete's brother on guitar, on The Moody Blues cruise aboard the MSC Divina from Miami to Nassau and Grand Turk. This isn't the first time Daltrey has strolled up the gangway: he took part in a songwriting class on the Queen Mary 2 in 2011. Joining Daltrey and The Moody Blues for the sailing are The Zombies, The Orchestra (starring ELO), Starship, The Strawbs, Little River Band, Joe Williams of Toto, Glass Hammer, Sound of Contact featuring Simon Collins (Phil Collins’ son), Danny Vaughn performing the music of the Eagles, The Prog Rock Orchestra, Heavy Mellow, Mellow Yellow and Cheap Thrill. Fares start at $999 per person. For more information, go to moodiescruise.com.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew